ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery Isolator - 197/200

Clio RS 197
Hi All

Anybody got any experience with fitting a battery isolator to a 197/200 track car?

I'm interested to find out how to isolate the ignition live (not the battery itself), whether to do this at the fuse box, the ignition (start/stop button?) or elsewhere?

Looking at a solid state isolator like the cartek etc.

TIA

I havent fitted one on a 197 but have quite a good understanding on fitting one to most cars.

Interfeering with the wires going to the push button would do nothing as thats connected to a relay.

What you'd have to do is get your multimeter out and find the live that goes through that relay.

Then it would be a case of extending that live through the cartek.

Carteks SS isnt very good Ive heard, armtech is much better apparently.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Clio RS 197
I get that the push button isn't always live, the wires behind it are far too small to carry the current required... but I need to cut the ignition live - and that's the problem - where to find it! Hoping someone who has done it can shed some light?

L200
It's sometimes easier to cut the live feed to the coil from the ECU. Carteks tend to be fine as long as you don't try and use them to isolate too large a current.

Wyn