ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

battery going flat any ideas

clio 172
right i bought the car about 3 weeks ago the lad i bought it off said something used to drain the battery it has alot of ice in there and a power cap in the boot for all that it has a clifford alarm which the lad thought was the problem so disconnected it when i bought the car i put a heavy duty battery on and its been fine till i come out this morning and its flat..it has a dodgy conection on one of the door switches as the doors unlock and lock while im driving along and the door open symbol lights up on the dash and the last couple of days i have gone to open the car and its already open so its opening itself some how ....have any of you got any ideas coz i need to get this sorted asap as i have no car ?? it also has intellistart if that makes a difference to anything

Last edited:
  vaux cavalier
using a multimeter or test light between the battery -ve terminal & the cars chassis simply remove & replace fuses one at a time till the multimeter reads zero or the light goes out....When this happens you've located the circuit at fault & can limit your searching accordingly.....

As a word of advice, Always start with aftermarket items, (ice, alarm etc etc), its usually these that post most problems....With regards the cars central locking mysteriously operating of its own accord, this could be an indication of where your fault lies, or could simply be caused by low voltage from the depleted battery.....

clio 172
not sure exacty mate as soon as the stereo face is put in place the stereo comes on but only if the battery in the boot is connected im going to put a switch in the power cable that goes to the battery in the boot to be sure its not going toe that

clio 172
no connected rear battery no power mate its been sound for the 3 weeks of the new battery got home at 5pm last night come out 12 hours later and wont start there is some power but not enough to start her

A ANIMAL
no connected rear battery no power mate its been sound for the 3 weeks of the new battery got home at 5pm last night come out 12 hours later and wont start there is some power but not enough to start her

So just to clarify - is all the ICE powered Via the rear battery? thus not affecting the cars usual battery?

clio 172
got back late last night and it was lashing it down so i didnt have much of a chance to have a good look at my car but i put the multi meter on and i wasnt getting any reading i could understand ....is it possible that the battery in the boot can be sending a charge back to the battery under the bonnet...i will have a proper look later i hope but just need a few tips......if you was to have a battery in the boot to power the ice in your car how would you have it all connected ? just so i can check if its been done right ....

cheers