ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery Drain..driving me insane in the membrane

Clio DCI 65
Hi..im getting battery drain on my clio so i take it to the garage and they run some tests on it..they say its the alternator. So everytime i finish a trip i take the 60amp fuse out from under the bonnet to temporary cure the battery drain problem and get them to whack another alternator in. £210 later..STILL DRAIN.

So i take it back and he gets his electrician to have a look and he pulls out the 20amp fuse for the interior light/stereo/central locking sensor, says its a bad central locking sensor thats causing the drain and that the garage will phone me on a price for a new one.

I have had previous water leakage from the sunroof but fixed that myself by taking the frame out, cleaning up the frame etc and using silicone. Do you think that its a possibilty that i got water damage from the leaking sunroof and thats whats making the sensor faulty and draining the battery? Or are they just having me on?

I might get the ole test screwdriver out and take the light unit surround off to disconnect the sensor unit and see if im still getting the drain afterwards. Is that a good idea? Any suggestions anyone?

PH2 RS172
you need a ammeter on it mate over the battery neg in series then pluck out the fuses one by one till the current sits at about 0.02 amps. whichever fuse you pluck that drops the current draw to approx that figure will be the circuit thats draining.. then work out what systems that fused circuit powers

Last edited:
  Megane dci 130
What he said ^

Anything under 0.05a is acceptable. Although I wouldn't imagine it would be the central locking receiver causing the drain, more than likely the radio.

Clio DCI 65
the battery has drained on me AGAIN this morning! It seems to last 3 days tops after full charge and then i cant start the car. Thinking of just scrapping the thing

koi

Audi S1
Mines driving me mad as well, drains itself after 2 days. Garage couldn't find the fault but I hooked a mulitimeter up and seems the alternator is faulty. Just need to get it swapped out and hope it's sorted, not having the bset of luck with garages at the moment...

182 cup
QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ.QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
''#QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

'';