ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery change now won't start! Please help!

GW RS200
Hi, I have a 172 but my neighbour's grandson has a 1.1/1.2 (not sure) 2003 clio and he came to me asking for help on this forum! Yesterday he changed the battery, pretty quick outside. But now it turns over but won't start. He's checked the fuel pipes and there is no fuel being pumped. I'm guessing this is some kind of ECU reset issue? If anyone could provide any help at all with this problem I will be (or he will) forever in your debt!

Mercedes C320!
for a start make sure he has put the battery on the right way round... if he has the only other thing i would try is to just disconnet the neg term for bout 10 mins and see wot happens!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
if hes connected round the wrong way, even for a few seconds, hes fuked it, just like i found out on a laguna when i was 15 lol

Not sure if those had an inertia switch, but id try that pushing first little red button under the bonnet
36L011A_3.gif