ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery and stop lights....plus fast idle...Alternator?

Clio 182
Hey guys, I've read some topics on this but still haven't seen an issue exactly the same....

I've just come home from London (back to Gloucestershire) and on the way back the battery and stop lights started coming on intermittently (usually on overrun, off the throttle down hills). Stopped around an hour from home, had a quick look and everything looks ok, then on starting the car the battery and stop lights stayed on all the way home - definitely pointing to the alternator although the car did drive fine all the way back. The funny issue is instead of low idle, it seems to have gone up to around 1500rpm....
I have been having PAS pump issues (noisy!), so could it all be related to that?!

I haven't long had the car but have come from a big power subaru, and went for a 182 for fun driveability and waaaay more practical for everyday life (plus the mrs likes it. You know the score.)

Cheers!

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Hmm I would say alternator due to the battery and stop light illuminating