ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery and stop light lit dim

182 cup / combo van
The past few nights when driving about I have noticed that the stop and battery light is illuminated very slightly on the dash.

After reading on here that it could be the alternator, i took a few readings today.

12.29v engine off
14.51v engine running
14.49v radio on
14.45v + side lights
14.37v + headlights

which then dropped to 14.16v after around 5 mins or so.

When I switched it off the voltage went to 12.90v

Today though I couldnt see the lights illuminated, would there be a reason for this with it just being sat idling and not being driven? I did notice that the fan never kicked in, when does it normally? It was up to the normal temp, and was running for around 15 mins in total.

Also while Im here does this sound normal running?

[video]http://s234.photobucket.com/user/jordanb1984/media/VIDEO0016.mp4.html[/video]

Not really sure, not mechanically minded, and have 1 month left of warranty and want to make full use of it,

​thanks

182 cup / combo van
anyone any ideas?

Missus phoned me this morning to say that the alarm was going off on the car aswell, but it actually sounded like a house alarm, on way back from work so going to check the voltage when I get back.

Nimbus Clio 197
My battery and stop light came on fully one morning, and at the end of the day the car wouldn't start, knackered alternator. Not sure if its definitely that for you though.

182 cup / combo van
all the voltages appear to look ok, unless anyone else can confirm otherwise, 12.3ish when off, rising to around 14ish when running, confuzzled :/