ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

battery and radio code. 2 different problems

monaco 172
1. Last week my battery died, wasnt an old one, only 7months..from halfords. charged it up took the car for a long drive then left overnight to find that it was dead again the next day. took the battery to halfords and they kindly replaced it free of charge under warranty.
Now, when i come to start my car if its not been used for a couple of days, it kind of struggles to start, but still does start, any ideas on what could be casusing this? i cant see that i hav left anything on i.e interior light. what could it be thats slowly draining my battery?

2. since having the flat battery my radio code needs to b entered. i have the code but my stupid girlfriend entered it incorrectly 3 times and now it wont let me even attempt to enter it again, what do i need to do to be able to enter the code correctly?

Cheers :)

For the second one keep the headunit turned on as it's time barred for a certain period of time, headunit needs to be on though for it to unlock.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Radio needs decoding. £10-£15 from a local car audio outfit or mobile guy. (They plug the radio into a computer and reset it and issue you another 4 digit code)

As for your battery, you need to get it checked out really. Make sure its charging properly, make sure theres no wiring faults etc.

monaco 172
radio is sorted :) any more ideas on the battery problem before i get it booked in with an auto electrician?

monaco 172
14.4 whilst running, then drops to 13.4 when heaters,lights, rear demister etc is on. then when i turn the engine off drops to 12.5ish any ideas mate?