ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Basic detailing kit refresh.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I've been using the same products for years now and I want to start fresh with the 200 when it comes.

I've got all the basic detailing kit, so I don't need brushes, mitts or drying towels. I've also got to large buckets with grit guards, so again, they're not needed.

Actually, I could do with a new Wooly Mammoth (decent?)

So, recommend me a current list of products suited to Ultra Red? Thanks. :eek:

My favourite waxes have always been Zymol. Mainly Carbon, so I have a stockpile of this. lol. Still good for UR? It made my RB look ridiculously wet.

Sealant-wise, I've always used Jeff's stuff. Acrylic on the RB.

I'm open to suggestions though. I'm all about gloss really, since the car will only do around 5k a year and is stored indoors all the time.

Go. :cool:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like you have everything... kthnxbi...

Wooly mammoth is a must dude. Superb towel.

What polish you using? Pick up some prima amigo and a finishing pad of some kind then get some carbon or wekstat on there. :) Depending on the time of year of course. AF tough coat is also a very good spray sealnt, more durable than werkstat but looks just as good, just incase you fancied something more durable.

Iron X is a must especially with how much transportation it will have.

Anything else sweet cheeks. How much Carbon do you have? Not fancy a new wax or something to treat it to?

Lee

BMW M2C
I used Zymol Carbon on the Trophy and it looked cool.

If we ever get some decent weather I'll try it on the 200, but with things as they are it's lucky to get a wash at the moment. :eek:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Sounds like you have everything... kthnxbi...

Wooly mammoth is a must dude. Superb towel.

What polish you using? Pick up some prima amigo and a finishing pad of some kind then get some carbon or wekstat on there. :) Depending on the time of year of course. AF tough coat is also a very good spray sealnt, more durable than werkstat but looks just as good, just incase you fancied something more durable.

Iron X is a must especially with how much transportation it will have.

Anything else sweet cheeks. How much Carbon do you have? Not fancy a new wax or something to treat it to?

I'm completely out of polish so wanted to try something completely new really.

Same with the wax; ideally I'd like something new. But I do really like Carbon and have loads left.

A spray-sealant that's similar to Jeff's Acrylic would be nice. Failing that, I'll just buy more of that.

Wheel wax/sealant too. I'll need that. I'll grab some Iron-X too though.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
And also, can I order all this from one place?

I've always shopped around before but I'd like to get just one bill together.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Clean your car.

Amigo
Iron X
C5

And a few other bits. Go look on Shinerama mate. Superb site. I'll reply after lunch. :)

Iron x due to storage. The usual Tardis and claying.

Wax or sealant? I'm selling my Werkstat carnauba kit at the moment because I want to try other things, but it's hard to beat on reds

4f7b410a-ffaf-fd4d.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Clean your car.

Amigo
Iron X
C5

And a few other bits. Go look on Shinerama mate. Superb site. I'll reply after lunch. :)

Nice one. Cheers dude.

Any suggestions on pads for the G220? I've always used LC or Sonus. Sonus were sh*te though... not very good when they got damp. They just broke up!

Not far either Chris, only in Broadheath, just off the A56.

They are really good there!

Ah right, nice!

Iron x due to storage. The usual Tardis and claying.

Wax or sealant? I'm selling my Werkstat carnauba kit at the moment because I want to try other things, but it's hard to beat on reds

How much mate? I'll take it if it's got a fair bit left.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
LC are actually okay, menz and sonus are pants. The only pads I see doing any decent work with a DA are the Chem Guys hexalogic range.

My list...

Iron X obviously then if you're claying and don't have any pick up some Zaino Z18, lovely clay for pampering your own car. Too expensive to use all the time.

Polish - 1 step Menzerna 106fa via polishing pad.. green or white hexalogic.

Pre-wax cleanser if you're fussed- Auto Finesse Rejuvenate via finishing pad/light polishing pad.

Glaze - Prima Amigo via finishing pad... http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polis...cal-guys-blue-5-5-hex-logic-pad/prod_687.html

LSP is a tricky one. Fancy maybe some Glasur? Matthew had a new pot for £70? Blows most things out the water.

Definitely C5 on the new wheels and the plastics and G1 on the windows. After you use the tiny amount you need sell them on. Winner!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Indeed. It won't fill any but the amigo will do that. Prime will strip any s**t and give a great base for a Amigo/LSP combo!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Clean your car.

Amigo
Iron X
C5

Not far either Chris, only in Broadheath, just off the A56.

They are really good there!

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/cgi-...kit-cat1.html#aMasterZWSCK000#aMasterZWSCK000

This kit, but 2/3rds full. Call it £30 as the Prime is more like 1/2 full. I'll drop it round on that weekend I'm up at the end of March if you'd like? Or can just drop it in work's post for free. Still got your address for those iPad mags.

edit; Prime would take over from Rejuv in Kev's list above.

Sounds good!

I've moved now though mate. I'll PM you the new address.