ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bargain front brake discs?

I have had cheap brake discs in the past (Eicher from Eurocarparts) and had brake shudder due to warping when they were hot.

Not saying those would be the same, but I think it is better to spend a bit more on some branded ones just in case.

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
I have had cheap brake discs in the past (Eicher from Eurocarparts) and had brake shudder due to warping when they were hot.

Not saying those would be the same, but I think it is better to spend a bit more on some branded ones just in case.

Will soon see once they are fitted. Must admit, I fitted some Eicher pads many years back, they were absolutely useless!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I've never really used traders on here, will do next time!
Honestly mate, George is one of the most helpful and friendly blokes I've had the pleasure of dealing with. I've ordered stuff for myself and friends/family from him, and its always been delivered stupidly quick, and is always exactly right

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Stumbled across these as need to replace my discs front and rear, and shocked at how quickly they arrived.

Ordered Thursday afternoon and here by Friday. Seem a bit too cheap and hoping they are nearly as good as my Brembo HC's (lasted over 75k miles).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141600327971?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
Stumbled across these as need to replace my discs front and rear, and shocked at how quickly they arrived.

Ordered Thursday afternoon and here by Friday. Seem a bit too cheap and hoping they are nearly as good as my Brembo HC's (lasted over 75k miles).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141600327971?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
That is cheap. Hopefully they are decent!

Cio 172 Cup,Porsche
Discs don't warp.The eccentricity is caused by pad material build up on the discs,paricularly due to improper break-in and leaving foot on pedal after hard stops

I beg to differ, they did warp. The warping occured when braking from high speeds on the dual carriageway, but would clear up once they had cooled down (running at slower speeds but with no braking)

Brake material transfer is a different phenomena.

I have never had any issues with other brake discs.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
There was a thing about warping, and that discs don't warp. I googled it last night but didn't really read too much into it, been a long day. As above something to do with pad deposits.

I am pretty sure that if it is pad deposits it will remain "warped" after the brake cools.

This didn't it was only occuring when hot but once things had cooled it dissapeared. I replaced the discs with Brembo's and the problem never returned, even though I used the exact same pads. (They were nearly new)

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Discs don't warp.The eccentricity is caused by pad material build up on the discs,paricularly due to improper break-in and leaving foot on pedal after hard stops
Always thought the reason for discs warping was because like you say after stopping from braking hard repeatedly and leaving your foot on the brake once stopped, because the pad is left on the disc, the disc cooling is not uniform as the heat transfers from the disc through the pad and into calipers, or maybe its the other way round - the disc heats more around the part the pad is touching. Heard there can be a massive difference in temperature which causes the warping.

Cio 172 Cup,Porsche
There has been extensive correspondence about this on The Pelican Porsche forum,and brake manufacturers have stated unequivocally that it is pad deposition that causes the eccentricity.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Lmao at discs don't warp . I've had warped discs , many moons ago . There was no pad material build up , you could physically see the disc was running out of true when you span the wheel round .