ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bar for holding bonnet open

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I was at a show today with the clio and when I left the bonnet open with the standard clio bar thing, it was flapping about a fair bit with the wind and also sits up quite high.

What do people use to keep their bonnets open at shows etc?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
If you're that into having your car looking good for shows then I'd suggest retrofitting some gas struts like you have on your bootlid. I'm sure there will be a kit out there.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm not that bothered. I just want something to keep it a bit more secure and lower than the standard thing.

My mate suggested a coil spring on the strut top

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
If you're that into having your car looking good for shows then I'd suggest retrofitting some gas struts like you have on your bootlid. I'm sure there will be a kit out there.

^^ this. I know the Pugeot 106 has them as standard (pretty certain) as my brother had them on his. Bonnet opened at near 90deg too. And then he lowered the bonnet and sat it on a section of 12" aluminium box sectiom (like a table leg) to have it open a jar for shows. Mght be able to bodge something off the 106 for the Clio.....

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Just seen this on Instagram... do these things have a name? It would be easier than struts!

adaa884576e99ac9af37495c5f52f32b.jpg