ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ball joint

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
There's a few guides, should take under an hour if everythings not seized. If it's for a 1*2 Renault won't sell you just the ball joint. Gsf sell them, it's the same as the 99 meg 2l coupe, about £12 iirc.

Countryman JCW
For the amount of time you will spend doing the job, its probs best to just take it to a garage. I got quoted £35+VAT for my 172, but still did it myself in the end. Paid £10.90 iirc for the ball joint from www.eurocarparts.com

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
as long as the bolts still holiding the top and the balljoint aint got to much movement as if the balljoint or the bolt give in (maybe over another pothole) then the driveshaft still drives the wheel but its not held to the wishbone making the wheel drive into the bumper and up into the wing,

jack up and see how much movements in the balljoint you 'should' be ok aslong as its not just got a hold of the wheel,

my mot car needed balljoint and cj joint but it went to testing station with spare shaft in the boot and i was 9.60 for a ball joint from local motor parts thats a mk2 ph1 1.6,

jack car
remove wheel
take out bolt going from hub to balljoint-2 sockets as the head will spin(watch the bolt doesnt snap this happend to me when replacing diff circlip and cost me an extra hour trying to find a balljoint bolt).
with top bolt out big lever wishbone/anti-roll downwards till balljoint pops out then release lever slowly making sure not to pop cv joint or cause damage(maybe better to get a friend lever so you have 2 hands for hub and balljoint).
two bolts from ball joint to wishbone- need spanner maybe even a ring spanner not a open one at the top bolt heads and socket underneath,allow spanner to use the wishbone to counteract the loosening pressure from socket underside and also as driveshaft makes it hard to hold bolts from above.

with two wishbone bolts off balljoint is ready to be replaced,
same as removal wishbone bolts bk on first then lever down and pop in balljoint before puting balljoint to hub bolt back threw(unsure if theres threads inside the hub an balljoint or if its just the bolt but i make sure the bolt faces the same way-head to front bumper and nut to floorwell/rear

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
well soz i didnt take my camera with my socket set and a jack the other day when in about that area,
just take a note of what ive said or print it out and you will soon find everything its not hard atall,
wheel off, top bolt out,lever down arm,two bottom bolts then replace.

any1 think my 1st post could go into guides?

Last edited: