ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ball joint

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
hiy all ... bloody clio failed on drivers side ball joint yesterday!! (passenger side last year) typical reno! :(

anyway obviously reno want to sell a complete arm (like i had fitted last year)

few companies seem to sell them just as the ball joint cliospares/nw performace
and i read the megane coupe 95-03 fits as long as its 12mm

is this sensible or do i get the complete arm?!

thanks! :)

340i
Yes...

If it just the ball joint replace that, although for the price you should replace them in pairs anyway! only £6 or so each?

Audi TT 3.2
i changed mine yesterday, my local motor factors had the 12mm one in stock. an east job if you have a ball joint fork seperator! :)

RS RIP
... could'nt hurt but i do'nt think it's neccescary. Ball joints are fixed anyway so no room for adjustments there..

I once did Balljoints, Outer trackrod-ends, inner too and then went to have it checked.. As we took off the old rod-ends i made sure to leave exactly the same amount of thread/turns on the new ones and all was good, no new tracking needed actually.

Shame, i did pay for the job. We adjusted a tad bit but the man said it was good in first place

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
I work there... colwick manager ;)

Sorted gray out with some a while ago now.. don't forget there sided eh mate? :rasp:

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
hmm definatly lists them as being sided, kieran said they look a bit different too... they bend slightly different ways iirc

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
i supplied 2x the same part number to caistor off here a few weeks back, no problems there as far as i know and they were the same part number too. meg coupe one's i gave him.

Da

Less
I've just bought two and am 99.9% certain they're not sided! Can't imagine why they would be? :S

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
What are the symptoms of a ball joint going? Would it make the wheel sit back further than usual?

Da

Less
No - that would surely mean something was bent?

I changed my ball joints at the weekend, very simple job just the pinch bolts were a little awkward!

Is there any need for geo or tracking checks after changing them?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Yeah it is normally recommended to just for a check even if everything feels ok.