ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bad vibrations

Clio 172 Flame Red
Right , getting alot of vibrations and knocking from the engine sounds like the drivers side . When pulling of it knocks and vibrates and gets alot worse when you accelerate. But put in reverse all goes any help ?? Thanks seb

ClioSport 172
I have the same problems.

A french guy i work with used to work for renault, so i asked him if he knew. he ended up asking a guy still at renault.

Items to consider:
the 182 doesnt have this problem due to a re routing of the exhaust, adds 10mm clearance to stop the exuast hitting the chassis under engine rocking.

It sounds like yours has got worse/you have recently got the car and instantly notice the issue.

I would suggest not just to renew your engine mounts but to use some upgraded ones that are quoted to illiminate the vibration issues.

I hope I dont infringe any rules by saying i think i spotted some(as i want these too) on the K-Tec Racing website, they come as a kit i think. Im sure you could look around for alternatives to even out the playing field ;)

I have had my car for 4 months and i think it has got worse and hope to make this mod soon. You may also find some kind of exhaust spacer may reduce the problem too.

You really need to find any evidence on the exhaust/chassis to be sure this is the problem. but if you dont find the marks then the engine mouts may be a cheap 'fingers crossed' option.

hope this information gives you some ideas

Ben

ph1 black 172
i would say its a driveshaft. they go on the driverside alot.

had the same on my ph1 172.

quick test. jack up just drivers wheel. put in gear and see if there is play in the wheel? (can you turn it clockwise/anticlockwise)

you should only get a very small amount (1cm ish each way when rotating any more then its most likely the driveshaft)

if it justs knocking when pulling away and gear changes then engine mounts