ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bad news

CBR1000RR Fireblade
It depends if you are planning on keeping the car long term. If you are then definately buy it back

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
When my Evo VI got hit i rang the 3rd parties ins and they said send us some pics of the damage (i had the car recovered back to mine), i did and they said ok its a write off and offered me 12k, i only paid 10k for it.
No engineer came.

It was not recorded, i bought it back for 3k and sold it for 6k win win.

Claim sorted in 2 hours and a fat cheque arrived within 2 days.

Buy it back as it wont be recorded and either sell or repair.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Thats not CAT D damage, the inssurance company are being lazy! Get then to give you the money and get it fixed yourself, you can get ti donw for under £500.

Black Gold Trophy
Talk about s**t!

This is one of the many reasons a minor bump like this would never even be mentioned to my insurance company.

Car written off, premium goes up (regardless of fault), 'Market value' pay out...
No thanks! Better off paying for the repairs out if your own pocket if you take everything into account.

The thing is, even if you buy it back, the car will almost definitely be a recorded write off

defo buy that back! thats nothing tbf, you can soon get some decent second hand parts off people breaking various clios and get it back to how it was :D plus keep most the money you get back for it :)

Leon TFSI, Clio 172
The pay as it turns out is more than we paid for the car and we are very happy! As it turns out it isn't that much of a small bump to snap the chassis leg. I regularly take my nephew out in the car and I am not happy with a repair so the car wont be bought back. I have sourced another lovely condition 172 so all has ended well. It is a shame as the car was in mint condition and had brilliant history!

I have to add that the insurance company have been amazing, no word of a lie. Called everyday arranged a hire car almost on the same day. And they didn't offer us a terrible amount for the car.

Cheers,
Simon

RS6 C7
The pay as it turns out is more than we paid for the car and we are very happy! As it turns out it isn't that much of a small bump to snap the chassis leg. I regularly take my nephew out in the car and I am not happy with a repair so the car wont be bought back. I have sourced another lovely condition 172 so all has ended well. It is a shame as the car was in mint condition and had brilliant history!

I have to add that the insurance company have been amazing, no word of a lie. Called everyday arranged a hire car almost on the same day. And they didn't offer us a terrible amount for the car.

Cheers,
Simon

Rule number one, Never take the 1st offer,

See how much they would want to buy the car back, It might be silly cheap and you could purchase and sell on for a quick profit

Leon TFSI, Clio 172
Rule number one, Never take the 1st offer,

See how much they would want to buy the car back, It might be silly cheap and you could purchase and sell on for a quick profit

I took the second offer.

They want 400 for the car, but I don't think I am that bothered to strip and sell to be honest. They will take the 400 from my settlement, I don't want to put anything to the new car so I want buy it back now.

Cheers

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Glad to hear you've got a decent settlement so quickly but for the sake of £400 surely it's worth having the car back for all the spares you'll ever want/need, especially since you're getting another 1 of the same car.
How much more are you getting than what you paid for the car?

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Lights, wheels and rear bumper and you'd already be quids in.

Buy it and strip it. If you don't have the space I'm sure somebody would buy it off you complete...

GTA

147 GTA
Cash in lieu of repair? Clearly the best option....

Car isn't a write off, you get cash to repair, everyones happy?

I took the 6th and final offer on my old 147 GTA with admiral,

Offers started at 3900 and finished with 6700!!!

Where in wsm did you actually get hit? Probally one of the many crack addicts driving around in a stolen car knowing wsm! Your lucky they had insurance lol

Leon TFSI, Clio 172
It was in the pets at home car park near KCF, the mrs was coming off the dual carriage way down the ramp into the car park and the other driver was flying through the car park straight into her. She didnt stop at the giveway sign at all.