ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bad Luck!

172 Cup
Most of you may have seen that I was looking to sell the Cup due to a change in circumstances, this was pretty gutting anyway as the car was perfect, however...

I was rear ended by a woman in a C3 this morning, she didn't see the thousands of brake lights ahead of her and decided not to slow down :mad:

At first I thought the damage was minimal, just bumper and the exhaust. Then I looked under the carpet and noticed a crease on the boot floor near the wheel well.

I know I haven't supplied pics, but do you think this will be a write off?

She has admitted liability, but didn't want to go through the insurance, due to the crease I have asked her to claim through her insurance, is there anything else I should be doing (this has never happend to me before, so I'm a bit worried).

Thanks

Matt

Renaultsport 220T
Iain will be gutted.

Sorry to hear that, as it looked mint. Depends how bad the damage is really. Pics needed.

LY V6 & Fiesta ST
Most of you may have seen that I was looking to sell the Cup due to a change in circumstances, this was pretty gutting anyway as the car was perfect, however...

I was rear ended by a woman in a C3 this morning, she didn't see the thousands of brake lights ahead of her and decided not to slow down :mad:

At first I thought the damage was minimal, just bumper and the exhaust. Then I looked under the carpet and noticed a crease on the boot floor near the wheel well.

I know I haven't supplied pics, but do you think this will be a write off?

She has admitted liability, but didn't want to go through the insurance, due to the crease I have asked her to claim through her insurance, is there anything else I should be doing (this has never happend to me before, so I'm a bit worried).

Thanks

Matt

You did right telling her she was going to use her insurance company, obviously inform your own insurance company of this, with all her details, it will help if you need, for whatever reason, take the matter to court later on.

Iceberg 172
It'll probably be written off mate. Sorry. I know how it feels as my cup was written off in January.

You may be lucky as the rear end is a lot cheaper to fix than the front end which mine was.

Fingers crossed for you!

172 Cup
Just found out my insurance excess is £500, i really need to read through my policy properly in future!!

This has completely messed up all my plans.

If it was to be repaired, wouldn't that devalue my car and how would they compensate for that?

Hyundai i40
if she admited liabilty you wont have to pay the excess or if you have to the insurance company will repay you this amount

Clio MK 4
gutted mate. Just happened to me.

Last tuesday my car was parked and when i went back to it a woman went into the back of it. Boot and bumper dented. She admited fault and i got her insurance details. Rang her insurance and they dealt with it straight away. didnt cost me a penny and i got a courtesy car. Sent it to the garage the insurance wanted and had it assessed and will cost 4k. Which will be a write off. now waiting for her insurance to ring me and see what they offer.

i'm gutted as i loved it. If i was you i'd go through her insurance 100%. if shes admitted it you'll be fine

Family Bus
As long as you go through the insurance steps properly you should be fine.

It will be her paying an excess, shouldn't really be you paying anything IIRC

Bad luck fella :(

172 Cup
It's not a nice feeling at all, feel sorry for you as well Chris.

I know they will pay it back Sarah, but my worry would be when? (£500 notes is a deposit on a flat for me :()

I will put a pic up on my flickr account in a moment, but I can't put it on here as i'm only using my phone.

Also planning on moving out in April, so it couldn't come at a worse time!

Clio MK 4
Thats why you need to go through hers. You wont pay anything. if you go through yours you pay the excess and then you need to write a letter claiming it back.

172 Cup
If she has admitted liability can I ring her insurance, or do I leave that up to her?

Thanks for the replies

Clio MK 4
Yes ring her insurance and explain the situation. She might have already reported. I'd let your insurance know whats happening as well i did and they advised

S3, Polo
^ I wouldn't speak to ANYONE but my insurance company in a case like this.

Let them sort it.

172 Cup
So what car will you be getting Chris?

I will give her insurance company a call on my lunch to see if she has notified them, if not can I notify them of the inccident?

Clio MK 4
I have no idea what yet. I was planning on keeping my car for another 2 years. all depends on how much they give me. plus the odd cash i have saved up. I would love another rs but because i keep my cars for a long time i need it to be no older than 5 years and no more than 35k miles on the clock. Really hard to find this on 182. 197 is that 2/3 grand too much. might look at total different cars. Could do with out this as i have literally just had an offer accepted on a flat with my gf!

With me i was lucky as the woman admitted fault and reported it stating what happened and the reg of my car. So when i rang them they were basically waiting for me to call. Did you have any witnesses.

I get what your saying nero and i rang mine first but they gave me 2 options. Go through my insurance where i pay excess have to write a letter to claim back and they'll sort it or contact her insurance and they will do everything for free. chose option 2. I even have a courtesy car for as long as the work is repaired or the cheque arrives. my insurance doesnt get effected either way.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
When a similar thing happened to me .. i spoke to my insurance company, gave them all the details of the guy who hit me .. i didnt pay a penny. it was all claimed through legal expenses or some crap, through the 3P's insurance.

Don't speak to her insurance.. just call yours and explain :)

Bad luck indeed, but hey, everyone's alive, and you have the culprits details.....

Chin up ;)

172 Cup
We don't have a witness as it was on the motorway and all the other lovely drivers decided to carry on past!

Should I be worried about not having a witness?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Nope. If you've got her number plate and phone number .. and a c3 shaped dent in your boot .. that's good enough I'd have thought. All I had was a scrap of paper from the nicest guy in the world .. wrote a very apologetic letter on a kids colouring in magazine page haha !

Just call your company and get the ball rolling :)

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
When i rear ended some one they contacted my insurance company.

My insurance company said it was a much better way to deal with it as the turn around of every thing will be much quicker.

For instance your own insurer deals with it they can roll out the whole thing and ever day longer it takes is more money in their pocket.

Clio MK 4
When i rear ended some one they contacted my insurance company.

My insurance company said it was a much better way to deal with it as the turn around of every thing will be much quicker.

For instance your own insurer deals with it they can roll out the whole thing and ever day longer it takes is more money in their pocket.

This is why i contaced hers after mine advised me to do it that way.

my car was hit on tuesday. I contacted her insurance wednesday, friday her insurance called me and booked my car in that afternoon to a garage where a courtesy car was ready and monday (yesterday) i got a call from the garage saying they have estimated at 4k to which they are going to inform the insurance company and that they will call me once received.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I have been in touch with my insurance and they advised the best route would be through her insurance, so I am awaiting a reply from her.

Heres the damage:

http://www.flickr.com/mrich1985

4440778940_5e5526ca36.jpg

It looks ok to me ;)

Clio 1970000000
If you think the car will be written off, start getting prices of other cups for sale in the same condition as yours. It will help if they don't offer you what you think the car is worth.

Gutted for you.