ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bad earth.. Not starting.. Will bump! Help!

Stealth 438'd 182
I presume the problem may well be a bad earth.. I resprayed all the back of the clio where the back seats were boot floor and by the locking mech in Matt black..

After a short drive down the road.. No issues..

Serv light popped on and my stereo went off.. So did my heating and abs light came on..

Then when I indicate or brake it flashes the stop light!

What's goin on!

No use search function suggestions I'm stuck at the gadget show up at the NEC at the moment so speed is of the essence!

I'm working so any suggestions won't be able to be tested until at least 6..

Let me know guys! what could I have ballsed up!

5ec57f66-3ca6-e855.jpg

Black Gold Trophy
Just a possibility, you may have contaminated one of the grounding points with paint if you removed it before painting.

Checked all of the obvious things like fuses?

Stealth 438'd 182
For anyone searching; the problem was the lead on the alternator had come off!! Such a simple fix I can't believe I missed it!! Just required unscrewing new ring connector putting on the cable and reconnecting!!

So happy that it was this! Never had any problems with it until then! All running sweet again now!! :D

From research; if you're having similar issues it's more than likely battery or alternator related.. Check all connections and test your battery if they all look okay.. Failing that you need to start checking earths.. The rear light cluster and the earth point behind the carpets next to where they unscrew can sometimes cause your rear fog light to come on and strange things start happening!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
All good mate nice to see someone come back and update the thread when the problem is fixed.