ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bad day!!

182 FF Inferno
Crap day today!!

Popped into town this afternoon with the GF. Parked in a car park as per usual and did some shopping.

Came back to see a dent on the door (just below the window), deep scratches in the window(?), and a few deep scratches further down the door (including one on the rubstrip)

Sounds like someones hit my door with there car door............but the dent is very deep almost as if and air gun pellet/ ball bearing has hit(not gone right through the metal though, but is down to bare metal) Also done slight damage to window rubber(not a lot)

Absolutley gutted as you can imagine!! Got a quick quote of £200 for the dent and paint be he reckons he will have to paint the wings to blend it in.

Going to get a few more quotes tomorrow but anyone have any idea on the price of a passenger window (182FF). Insurance excess is £80. Also wouldn't mind hearing from anyone about prices for door sparys/ dent fixing.

Don't really want to claim on my insurance as I have a £350 excess and I though it would come in at less then that!! Sorry bout lack of piccys, dark when I got back from the Police station (don't know why I bothered!!!)

Matt

Edit: car is Inferno

Last edited:

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Feel 4u mate. I now never take my car to them,ever as a rule!

selfish unthoughtful fookers.

Renault Clio Campus Sport
i know how you feel mate! i had the same today, i need a full new back bumper! although im lucky enough that theres a camera pointed at where i was parked! still s**t all the same!

PH1 172 Sport
I always park in the most remote place of the car park that I can find! Or next to a wall so that I can get the passenger side really close to it which leaves a massive gap on the drivers side for unthoughtful gits too swing there doors into!

182 FF Inferno
I always park in the most remote place of the car park that I can find! Or next to a wall so that I can get the passenger side really close to it which leaves a massive gap on the drivers side for unthoughtful gits too swing there doors into!

Yeah, I do that. Theres no way this was caused by a car door- dents far too deep, glass is very scratched, and the car oark wasn't that busy.

182 FF Inferno
Well I've had a quote for just the dent+paint but I would hope to get the other marks done too. Going to get a few more quotes tomorrow. As said, insurance excess is £350 so anymore then that and it'll go through insurance.

Bit worried about the bare metal on show- don't want rust forming before its painted. Surely someone on heres had a new drivers/ passenger window and knows the price?

172 rep
I had a new window put on my 1.2 from autoglass, they charged me £270!!!! Skanking t***s, but that was alsofor a plastic one they put in just over night,somight be a bit less just for a window? Might be better for you to claim on your insurance, but then won't your premium go up next year?

Evo 8 FQ300
Mother and baby spot for me all the way and no i aint got children but i do have a dog so just as good i think even tho hes not always in the car with me lmao ;)

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
£200 is a fair price and I'd highly advise getting the rear wing blended. For a second hand glass you're looking at the most, £30. The bodyshop should be able to get that for you. No point going for new glass. A bit of steel wool will bring up a second hand piece nicely.

Aston Martin Vantage
Speak to Graham Roberts (Graham Roberts Autos) in South Molton and get a quote from him! He's a good lad and always done good work on our cars.

182 FF Inferno
Well its booked into a local bodyshop now. Getting the door done and he's also going to do the bonnet as it got quite a few chips on it. Also thinks he can polish out the worst scratches on the glass. All in charging £240 and he seemed happy matching inferno (its an insurance approved bodyshop).

If I go down the second hand route with the glass, are they all the same tint?? (obv I would find a 182 glass)

182 FF Inferno
£200 is a fair price and I'd highly advise getting the rear wing blended. For a second hand glass you're looking at the most, £30. The bodyshop should be able to get that for you. No point going for new glass. A bit of steel wool will bring up a second hand piece nicely.

I asked about blending in the rear wing. The guy said that as the damage was in the centre of the door, shouldn't be necessary.

Bit annoyed as I'm having to use the money I put aside for a new tv!!:(

t3 corolla 116bhp

sorry for going off topic but is steel wool good for taking out glass scratches?