ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bad Braking/ Oil Change

Alright peeps!:D just bought myself a phase 2 Valver. I just wondering (i know it will sound really simple) but how are you suppose to change the clio phase 2 16v oil filter?! :confused:its in the strangest place! And does anybody else think that the Valver brakes arent really up to scratch? i serviced my moter at the weekend and bought new pads and disks but when i looked at the ones on the car they didnt even need changing! I arent impressed with them. does anybody else think this? Take it easy.

oil - get a champion filter as im told they have a nut on the end to aid removal next time. - to remove this one use a big screwdriver and a hammer from under the car to loosen it.

The brakes on a valver are spongey - I noticed a difference when i changed the fluid, i used some fully synthetic stuff from automec or metalec - summin like that. It was quite expensive (about £30 odd quid with postage but it really is worth it - you never have to replace it again!

mate,

i had the same issues and thought the same as you "clio16v brakes are crap".. as a result i slapped on some Tarox G88 front discs (40 groove type) with some DS2000 fast road pads... 500 miles later.. braking was still sh*te. Took the car in for a service.. had my braking system bled, this fixed the issue! - sorted

now when i brake hard (after pads warm up) i can lock the wheel at a touch of the ped.. i suggest you flush your fluid system.. if things are still bad, replace your hoses with the braided type,

James.

as for the oil filter.. its a job and a half! dont try it unless your confident m8 renault charge £37 for oil change.. thats £37.00 well spent if you ask me! you dont even get your fingers dirty.

Hey Thanks for your replies guys. you have really helped me out! ill try changing the fluid and hose at the weekend so hopefully this will work. As for the oil filter, Im just totally confused i mean there seems to be no access what so ever to be able to undo it! it looks like i will have to take it to renault but i really dont wanna do that! they just rip everybody off!im off down to k-tec for some lexus style lights and a zorst system so ill propably get them to do it! Thanks again everybody that helped me out! :D

You can reach the filter from the front drivers side - but only just! It is do-able, trust me, Ive done it a few times, you feel really proud of yourself when youre finished!

ive tried but i got in a strop!i dont think i have the temper to keep cool. i even tried taking off the wheel to get to it that way but still no luck!