ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

backbox Support

EP3 Civic Type R
Hey guys, my backbox has 90% become severed from the mid-pipe, due to errosion by the looks of it, crap design etc etc, but it also apears ive lost the support which keeps the backbox suspended do I need to get this from renault? Also how much for a replacment backbox 172 02?

I wouldnt go with a standard replacement. Someone like Powerflow in Wales can make you a full system, properly fitted and all that jazz.

EP3 Civic Type R
Not a powerflow fan, and not really keen on a noise machine my last car was quick and silent, i couldnt go to a noisy slower car..... May be persuaded for a magnex twin oval backbox, if its the same price, I do understand 172's get through exhaust's like dinners though, I do 5000 miles a year though so im not really affected

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Not a powerflow fan, and not really keen on a noise machine my last car was quick and silent, i couldnt go to a noisy slower car..... May be persuaded for a magnex twin oval backbox, if its the same price, I do understand 172's get through exhaust's like dinners though, I do 5000 miles a year though so im not really affected

I got a Powerflow the other month, as long as you tell them you want it quiet as possible they will do it for you. Mine is just a fraction louder than a standard one. It's also nearly 1/2 the price and will last a hell of alot longer:approve:

EP3 Civic Type R

I got a Powerflow the other month, as long as you tell them you want it quiet as possible they will do it for you. Mine is just a fraction louder than a standard one. It's also nearly 1/2 the price and will last a hell of alot longer:approve:

May I ask how much? Thing with powerflow is, you get varying results all over the country, my local one on Tyneside, is renouned for loud, raspy chaved up results, which is not what I want.

Just been down the stealers today, 144 quid plus 20 for the supports, sod that, Im either going to get a magnex twin oval or have it welded back on for that price, joke!

ValverInBits
paid 220 for a 'quiet' stealth i wouldnt say its quiet though

jesus is that fitted? thats good value.
I think thats what I want. A quiet one, that wont boom, but isnt all that quiet when i ask of it. It's a little difficult to achieve with zorsts i know.

plus DEFO want a stealth

ValverInBits
I asked him about his zorst mate and he Pmed me back this:

It came from a palce called a14 performance, jsut a powerflow dealer, cheaper than normal as a stealth has no tail pipe welded on, just a bend bit of pipe instead... That was all in for a custom made new fitted exhaust, mate got one too, cant fault it at all for the money and quality is very good, but ive heard some stories saying they arent so good, guess it just depends where you go... Lifetime warranty though so if you have any probs they sort it out for you...

EP3 Civic Type R
Exhaust and Car are now 'seperated'
LOL
Going to have to get a solution asap, looks good Rich, but dont know if I can wait anything more than a couple of days now :-(
REALLY don't want to go with the powerflow route, looks like im going to have to pay renault over the odd's, unless I can souce a cheap magnex from somewhere

:-(