ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back to the club again

Clio 182 FF BG
Really missed my old 182, never had much chance to drive it sol had to sell it.
After 2 years the i finally got back into driving and fancied joing the 182 brigade again.
After a few week spying various 182's on Gumtree, Autotrader and Ebay finally found one in my area that isn't a million miles away.
A well looked after FF BG 182 on EBay, female owner, Clio.net member, for just over £2000.
Really happy with car, drives excellent and have no real issues apart from a squeaking noise when i go to full lock from cold [any ideas?]
Lowered on Eibach springs, Scorpion cat-back system and a rather splendid re-trimmed steering wheel.

Just today i fitted a cold air intake, new gearstick gator, led sidelights/interior lights. Stubby aerial, stainless steel tow bar [shiny, i like :)] and rear led numberplate light. Was going to take out foglights and clean them, fit new bulbs but will do them tomorrow.

Clio_3.jpg
Clio_2.jpg
Clio_7.jpg

One other thing, i saw a dodgy post on Ebay about a car with a Cat D and not advertised as such.. is it something i should post on here to warn others?

PH2 172
Really happy with car, drives excellent and have no real issues apart from a squeaking noise when i go to full lock from cold [any ideas?]

Auxilary belt tensioner siezed?
Get it checked/check it pronto.
What`s the belt history on it?

Clio 182 FF BG
Cambelt & Aux Belt Changed @72,189 [2010] [currently 111,300] .. eek! guess that 36k miles is due then...
Cambelt & Dephaser changed @ 85,127 [2013]
The belt is quite after a few turns lock to lock [about 2mins]

Is it possible to just change the Aux belt or is it the whole lot?

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Damn! I'd get the belts done ASAP mate. Sounds as though you've paid too much for it considering it needs belts but hey if you're happy then that's all that matters. Looks nice

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Damn! I'd get the belts done ASAP mate. Sounds as though you've paid too much for it considering it needs belts but hey if you're happy then that's all that matters. Looks nice
Cambelt and dephaser was changed in 2013. Nowhere near due.

OP, yes you can change the Aux belt kit on it's own.

Clio 182 FF BG
Yeah, cambelt is fine and no strange noises from engine apart from squeeking.
Is the Aux belt a DIY jobby or is it still a faff like the cambelt?

PH2 172
Cambelt & Aux Belt Changed @72,189 [2010] [currently 111,300] .. eek! guess that 36k miles is due then...
Cambelt & Dephaser changed @ 85,127 [2013]
The belt is quite after a few turns lock to lock [about 2mins]

Is it possible to just change the Aux belt or is it the whole lot?
2013 cambelt & dephaser is OK if the full Renault kit was fitted,and not just a cambelt.
Auxilary belt kit is due every 36k/5 years anyway.
Disagree £3k is about the right price for a good one with full belt kits & dephaser done.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
The aux belt is a doddle on one without AC but with AC it's more difficult

Clio 182 FF BG
I'm happy with rest of car. For cars around my area it was the best by miles. Alot were absolute junk or abit dodgy.
Yeah, definetely gonna look in getting the Aux belt done then, especially as its noisy. I would like to get all belts done but cannot afford that lump now, probably get it all done next year, then i'll be set.
Anyone used Ren7oaks? they are pretty close to me, could give them a call. [I'm not that technically minded]

PH2 172
Is the Aux belt a DIY jobby or is it still a faff like the cambelt?
You don`t have to disturb the timing,so no special tools are required,although it`s still tight on working room.
Sorry I don`t have a 182 manual,but the 172 is a good guide.

Attachments

• clio_sport_technical_manuals.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 122