ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back to standard with eibach Springs or go H&R coilies?

Currently got a 182 cup pack with ktec coilovers, im trying to decide wether to go back to standard dmapers and eibach springs or get H&R?

I done a few track days, but in the new year it will be more a weekend track toy car, i know there is a big price difference but not sure whats best option?

Either or ill be getting poly bushes, ideally would love bilstein etc but not happening.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Having used H&R's in the Clio and having them fitted on the Meg 225 I certainly rate them highly but if your looking for a serious up-grade I would strongly recommend AST ;)

Defo looking for a set up thats better for track use than what i have at the moment, obviously there is a big price difference between, AST and or dampers and eibach springs, just wondering whats the best for me, by no means anywhere near being a decent track driver;)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Defo looking for a set up thats better for track use than what i have at the moment, obviously there is a big price difference between, AST and or dampers and eibach springs, just wondering whats the best for me, by no means anywhere near being a decent track driver;)

Sadly there is a big jump in price, but you get what you pay for :)

My all time favourite's are the FK koni kit, sadly only officially available for the 172 hub pattern but they can be machined to work with the 182 cup packed hubs

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
If you want a dedicated track car save up for dedicated suspension. It will be worth it in the long run.
Most Coilovers are designed for road use unless otherwise stated. They will be ok if using road tyres but anything stickier and you may find that you end up wishing for a stiffer setup.

Sadly there is a big jump in price, but you get what you pay for :)

My all time favourite's are the FK koni kit, sadly only officially available for the 172 hub pattern but they can be machined to work with the 182 cup packed hubs

Have heard that konis and eibachs are meant to be a pretty good setup...

Dont know how to go bout getting them changed and if there would be any problem?

If you want a dedicated track car save up for dedicated suspension. It will be worth it in the long run.
Most Coilovers are designed for road use unless otherwise stated. They will be ok if using road tyres but anything stickier and you may find that you end up wishing for a stiffer setup.

I will be driving the car on the road but will on track alot in the new year, need to replace my ktec coilovers so am just thinking if its worth spending lots on track setup or just dampers and springs?

Track days are just for fun so dont really need a competition setup, but want a decent setup so car handles well enough around a track...

LY R26 230 F1 Team
I rate my H&R's highly! Was told by numerous people on various sites that for a track/road compromise they are superb. Not ventured onto track yet but i've driving them on my private twisty runway and they are superb