ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back to basics

LY 182 FF CUPPED
After 12 months hiding underground, trying sort my head out after leaving the military I have decided to start my millionth blog again.
Some of you may remember throughwoodyslens???
However after leaving the military, I had zero camera gear and zero ambition which obviously hit me pretty hard.

Working pro one minute and then my iPhone as my only camera the next!

So to try and bring things back into perspective and to pull my finger out out my arse, I have started this blog (basic I know) to get my photography back as my main hobby.
If I can get to 20% where Dan's work is I will be happy.

So for now its me, my X100 and a chamois cloth.....................

WWW.woodyx100.blogspot.com

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Absolutely awesome work in the Military stuff!

I’ll look forward to seeing your results from the X100, and hopefully you’ll get your passion back and continue to take some stunning images like the aforementioned.

Great images there, even if they didn't do anything for you personally, thanks for sharing. What's the background behind pic #55?

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
I always enjoyed the shots in your previous blogs, some of the people shots you got on your where very moving! I look forward to seeing what you capture with the new camera! :)

Fantastic shots. Not sure if you can go into detail, but have you managed to keep copies of all of your work photos? I wasn't sure if you just handed them over and never saw many of them again (particularly after you left).

Astra (H) VXR
Great pictures on there mate, I have no interest/knowledge in photography but you can see the skill that you have out into them shots.. Will be interested in seeing what else you can do.. As I said its not and interest of mine but I think I have an appreciation for a good picture!!

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Cheers guy..
With ref to whether I kept the images? Yes I did, however each and every image remains Crown Copyright - so I can't make any financial gain from them.
All military images end up at the Imperial War Museum (IWM) for archive.

With regards to image #55 - that was a training day for the first 13 women to be recruited into the Afghan National Police (ANP). Those images in colour circulated the globe and got me some of my best coverage.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Hey Tony hope you are well.

Only problem is everyone thinks they are a photographer these days, the market is flooded with very good amateurs and its a bloody hard nut to crack going pro again.
I'm happy doing my day job and having this back as a little side line.

But thanks for your kind words.

Not a 320d
20120917-Turkey-102.jpg

Holy s**t! ! !

LY 182 FF CUPPED
must admit I am sh1t at blogs and what looks good.........please do help.

oh and hate wordpress, it confuses me.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Kinda sad start to the whole thing mate, you mean a photographer with your talent has very little camera equipment? You're way too talented mate.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Thanks Gally, you find me a photography job and I promise to send you a free home made calendar once a year of my work.

Tom - just went to log into wordpress and the painful memories came flooding straight back!!! I really don't have a clue how or where to start. hence I chose blogger.

It's still saying you can not accept any more PM's :(

[h=3]The following errors occurred with your submission[/h]
  • planetx has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.