ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back Pressure.

182 Sport 2.0I
Hey all!

I have a custom exhaust, it had a bad rattle as the steel in the centre section was cracking (s**t welding, etc)

I opted to get the centre section removed and a full stainless pipe put in so all i have now is my back box with the two pipes coming out of it. Is there any chance power could be lost doing this? I think im being parranoid, or maybe its cycological. But second gear feels slower in the low down power.

As weird as this sounds, maybe the extra noise is making it feel slower because usually it wouldnt be that loud untill i hit 5K.

BG182®
I've just had the 2.5' KTR Ultra straith through exhaust on now for two weeks and at first it felt like I lost low down grunt but now it seems to be pulling much better top end.

I also have a decat on mine so its only running one rear silencer with the two tailpipes.

Your air/fuel ration might be off due to the gases exiting qiucker. Might be worth looking at a remap or RS Tuner map.

182 Sport 2.0I
Jees! Straight through? Bet thats loud. Mine wounds like a flipping Ascar with my cat.

Yes top end feels better. Im not sure if i have lost any lower end torque. I gues a rolling road would tell. If only i owned one. lol

Ktec or RS Tuning for a remap you recon?

182 Sport 2.0I
Increased speed sureley reduces the back pressure? Thus loosing lower end torque?

RB 182 Cup
mines not a rs but when my backbox fell off it was rediculously slow! was a little 2" omp one. Before you put your hand over the exhuast and it was poppy if you no what i mean