ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back in the fold

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
And glad to be back!

Having sold this (due to getting a company car):
297331_10150453189151061_667590947_n.jpg

... Going through various Renault Diesels, climaxing at this (exciting, right!!):
11251056_10153403683401061_3970186466689299157_n.jpg

I picked up this a few days ago.
12717721_10153849506891061_6904613517708519969_n.jpg

Opted for no cup-pack on this occasion but i'll go for Cup-pack next time. Looking forward to seeing what they're like to live with on a daily basis, but it feels good to be back in the world of R.S. cars.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Joking aside I was going to ask if it was a 200...
Miss you lukey!
You alright lad?
It's just the right amount of sporty for me (man, I'm getting old). As much as I loved the 182, it wasn't exactly conspicuous and having Saxos and Corsas constantly 'try it on' got a little tire some. The launch control on this during traffic light GP's is fun though :D

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Good combination though Luke, between a bit more grown up and being a hot hatch. I can see the appeal in those cases, I think they may have sold much more with manual and auto option.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Good combination though Luke, between a bit more grown up and being a hot hatch. I can see the appeal in those cases, I think they may have sold much more with manual and auto option.
Yep. Ball royally dropped. If the most middle of the road option (golf gti) offers both, RS should do.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Wheels really suit it, still think the best color for these is silver. Only seem to see yellow and white.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Yep. Ball royally dropped. If the most middle of the road option (golf gti) offers both, RS should do.
Yeh, it doesn't appeal as much to the 'purists', but it has attracted many other customers who wouldn't usually consider R.S. We've also sold more Mk4 R.S. worldwide than we did Mk3, so commercialy at least, it's been a success.
It will certainly be interesting to see how the MK5 Clio R.S. comes out!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
@The Boosh!
What was the RS01 like? Fast as it looks?

I've never been in anything like it - 500+bhp in a car which weighs circa 1,200kg equipped with racing brakes and slick tyres. Everything about it was just savage - I only had one lap in it and I'm pretty certain I came out of the car with whiplash due to the braking/ acceleration.

RS.01 has just received the nod for GT3, however they had to make it less competitive to make it a level playing field, so it will have less aero/ power in that championship. Be good to see them racing in that.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Yeh, it doesn't appeal as much to the 'purists', but it has attracted many other customers who wouldn't usually consider R.S. We've also sold more Mk4 R.S. worldwide than we did Mk3, so commercialy at least, it's been a success.
It will certainly be interesting to see how the MK5 Clio R.S. comes out!
No doubt. Seems worldwide it's done better, but it's a rarity on UK roads. There's no doubt (in my mind) that a manual option would make it even more successful. I saw more 200's in 10days in Cape Town, than I have since they were released over here.

But in all honesty, the Fiesta would still have it covered for a lot of owners. Faster, more economical, cheaper, factory approved tuning options etc. I didn't enjoy driving the Fiesta, but in so many respects they've nailed what people want.

Developing the car with both a manual and auto transmission option would be considerably more expensive than offering just one. Undoubtedly they would sell more cars if they had offered both choices, but the question is; would the additional units be enough to offset development? You need big volumes in this segment to make profit.