ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back Brake Advisory

Dear All,

Fitted new disks and pads all round on my Cup and bled each corner of the car.
I took my car in for it's MOT the next week and it passed but got an advisory on the rear brakes saying there wasn't enough effort coming from them...

The hand brake could do with being tightened up, but I don't know if this will help with putting more effort on the rear brakes?? Also if you leave it for a couple of days and then pull off, the rear brakes seem to stick on until you moved. But once they have been "freed" off, them don't do it again.

Defo something wrong with the brakes as they really are terrible!
Any idea how I could sort this?

Cheers!

DrRollo I have already seen this... There is definitely something wrong with the brakes as they hardly stop you! And in the wet there pretty much no existent.

I know that brakes rust onto disks, but surely not after two days in the dry!?

I will have a look at MOT thread again, but can any one else shed any light on what could be causing bad brakes?

Cheers

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Do you mean all brakes are bad, have you let them bed in correctly?

Mine stick on a lot at the moment and MOT is due soon so im going to have a look into more.

They were bad before yes... only because they were really down! And yes they have had about 700 miles to bed in.
My uncles garage where I put them on, he recons I have wound the rear pistons in too much. He says if I wind them out a bit, they will be spot on.

Cheers

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
They were bad before yes... only because they were really down! And yes they have had about 700 miles to bed in.
My uncles garage where I put them on, he recons I have wound the rear pistons in too much. He says if I wind them out a bit, they will be spot on.

Cheers

I didn't know you could wind them in to far? Is it all the brakes or just the rears?

If you find out what is making the rear handbrake stick then please let me know.

No Probss Will.

And It just seems like the rears. Im sure I will have it cured this weekend once I have had a fresh look at it. I just thought I would ask on here to get a better idea.

Cheers for you help guys!