ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back box fell off

Raider, 197.
I have searched on this already so I would not repost but only found a thread from 2006.
The usual thing, rusted & come off. Can anyone advise which is best, a standard Renault replacement or an aftermarket option?
The price back then for the Ren one was £160. Have they gone up a lot. Not really got more than about £250 to spend as only just got the car. :S

I don't want massive noise.

Advice welcome.

Jaine

Raider, 197.
Thanks. Just checked K-tec & the stealth is £298 for the stealth supersport system so could just about stretch to that if it is as good as they say.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
Mine fell off on my old cup at a airfield day, that's where I met my first cliosporters. I'd say go for a aftermarket stealth because they last better.

SAAB 93 Aero TTiD SS
You dont want it loud but bought the supersport version?

Mine lasted a month before i spent another 180 on the silenced center section. Was far too loud for me and sounded crap. Maybe just my age though

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I would have recommended the KTR/Janspeed Mild steel stealth. Only £238. Ran one on my own car, brilliant system, cheaper than genuine but easily better quality, and mild steel sounds nicer too.

Raider, 197.
You dont want it loud but bought the supersport version?

Mine lasted a month before i spent another 180 on the silenced center section. Was far too loud for me and sounded crap. Maybe just my age though

I understand what you are saying but the supersport is £60 cheaper & I am so used to loads of noise from having Magnex on all 3 William's so anything quieter than that is a bonus! :D

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I understand what you are saying but the supersport is £60 cheaper & I am so used to loads of noise from having Magnex on all 3 William's so anything quieter than that is a bonus! :D

it won't be, the supersport is loud. Bareable if you have a cat still, but it's a 2.5 inch system so it's never going to be quiet

Clio 172
I would go aftermarket mate and keep an eye on eBay as said above.

Mine snapped on the joint just after the cat on my 172 and which was going to be 85 for a replacement.

I managed to pick up a stainless cat back for 80, was abit dirty but with a clean its immaculate

Clio 197
its good if you like droning @ 70mph

worst exhaust I've heard for drone, the GF's car has one fitted and its horrid on the motorway

Glad it wasnt only me who thought this, it was a horrible sound when fitted to my old cup - wouldnt be as bad if it was a nice sound but it was just NOISE.

Everyone raved about them too, waste of money IMHO.

172 cup
Glad it wasnt only me who thought this, it was a horrible sound when fitted to my old cup - wouldnt be as bad if it was a nice sound but it was just NOISE.

Agreed, that 3 hour drive from your's hurt. lol

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member

Yup it's really not a nice sound, and you can forget having a conversation if your sitting in the back, can't hear jack all from the people up front

Raider, 197.
Oh well, I will see what I think of it. Hopefully it wont be so bad as still keeping cat.
Will let you know as fitting it Wednesday :p

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
I had the supersport version on my old ph1, horrid, drone. Too loud, got rid. Then back box fell off on my new ph1 which had the Renault system on it and got lucky and bought a nearly new ktec stealth off here but it had the silenced centre section, much better IMO, nowhere near as loud and no drone

Raider, 197.
OK all fitted BUT it shows! Hangs down so you can not only see the pipe but also the box. Anyone else fitted one & had this? It is fitted right with all new hangers & rubbers but looks god damn ugly.

p.s noise is quite nice but I have still got the cat so not over loud.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
I had the silenced version fitted to my PH1 and it's not quiet (But then I've been driving the 1.4 for ages which is silent)

I'd say I'm just old but I'm only 23 !

Mine wasn't visible after fitting.

Raider, 197.
OK anyone else with a stealth? Does it show from behind car please? Maybe I will ring Janspeed to check with them otherwise.

SAAB 93 Aero TTiD SS
I had to put new hangers/brackets on mine as the rubber bits couldnt take the weight causing it to hang down to low

Raider, 197.
Obviously that is why I posted. :p
But after a bit of jiggling & re-inforcing the rear bracket it is perfect. No knocks or anything & sounds gorgeous.
Good old Janspeed...

OK anyone else with a stealth? Does it show from behind car please? Maybe I will ring Janspeed to check with them otherwise.

I had this problem.

5b3bc8c1912e1eb80b0fdf05beb52c4c.jpg

problem solved

edit: I love my ktec supersports :)

Raider, 197.
Bodge jobs rule. Where would we be without tie wraps !
Ours is similar to that. :lolup: Looks like a pikey garage job.

I've bought a powerflex exhaust mount but just haven't got round to fitting it yet.

One of my sockets have fallen out now though so I need to get my ass into gear and fit the new one as its not very stealth atm.