ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back again with another 182...

2002 172
Well I'm back again I previously had a silver 182 back in 2008 and sold that. Now decided to do a swap with Kraig-Cup on here for his 182 Cup and some cash my way for my Fabia VRS.

So to start here's a quick pic I snapped today when we had a look at each others cars:

clio.jpg

Already has decatted Yozza exhaust, unknown coilovers, V6 airbox with Silicone air feed, TD pro race wheels, Caged half cage, Corbeau Forza bucket seats with TRS harnesses and Yokohama Parada Spec 2 tyres. Plans are to set suspension geometry set up, get the pops and bangs remap and get rid of most of the remaining interior. Any links to carbon/perspex door cards would be good... £419.99 + £20 postage from Streamline Carbon is a bit pricey I feel!!

Can't wait until both our plates are removed and I can get it picked up :)

2014 Clio 200t edc
Wouldn't swap my 182 for one but would love one. Was it modded apart from the tt alloys?

2002 172
Lowered on coilovers, 17" TT wheels, gloss black vinyl wrapped grille, 3" CAI and that was about it. Went very well for a standard car but was a 2006 model with BLT engine code which renowned for making between 140-150bhp standard with bags of torque. Cracking motor just not needed anymore.

Hello Scoot :)

Wheels are 15's and will be for sale soon as I want to be a sheep and get 2118's, best wheels for a RS Clio in my opinion

2002 172
So yesterday I picked up the Clio. What a drive home loved it, pulls like a train and sounds amazing! Did notice the suspension needs changing as it's far too soft for fast road/track use and the brakes need uprating as to me they lack feel to them.

Anyway got it home, first thing I did was put my favourite sticker on the drivers side corner of the bonnet:

myclio2.jpg

Today I decided the rear door cards, bit of sound deadning and all trim needed to come out as the back seats were taken out previously anyway, so now the rear end is looking like this:

myclio.jpg

Keeping the bit of acoustic carpet in as it weighs nothing and makes it look a bit tidier. I may be tempted to take it out though after winter. I also removed a silly sticker that was on the rear window, not my kind of thing. Love my car, it makes me smile everytime I drive it and even though the Yozza exhaust is stupidly loud and resonates like hell inside it doesn't make me feel any less love for it, it sounds amazing :)

Plans are:

Get rid of the Raceland coilovers for something alot better.
Whiteline rear arb.
Brembo HC plain discs with either DS2500 or PF97's (I think that's what they are?).
Strut braces front and rear.
Eventually sell my current wheels and get some Compomotive's or something lightweight.

2002 172
No updates yet just a quick pic after a cheeky clean today:

MyClio182Cup.jpg

Got home and went round the front for a pic an discovered this:

myclio4.jpg

The numberplate was screwed in as well. No idea where that went but plates are being changed over Monday to my personal reg so not too bothered as I have a full size spare front plate which I'll stick in the windscreen for a couple of days and will also remove all the double sided tape that has been used in the past!

2002 172
Looking for Bilstein I think but wont be for a while yet. Need to stop it overfuelling before I conectrate on suspension etc

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I'd get that plate mentioned to the Police, incase you end up with a bill from BP or get questioned for something much worse. Doesn't matter if it was maliciously stolen, or fell off. Someone might find it or use it for anything.

Regarding the brakes, give it a week to get used to them. Skoda brakes are very over-assisted.. you might find you just need to adjust your braking foot a bit.

2002 172
The brakes I found are much, much better when they have heat in them so I'm going to guess I don't have stadard spec pads? Will be something I will check when I can be bothered. Either way I much prefer the Clio brakes to the VRS :)

2002 172
Little update,

Finally got my plates on yesterday, and also painted the front diamond black (not in picture).

myclio5.jpg

Todays job? Paint the mirror caps in RB

2002 172
Just finished spraying my mirror caps back to RB, they looked bloody awful white. Will get a pic of them fitted tomorrow which will also include the black front diamond :)

myclio6.jpg