ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

B14 Casing and cup racer inserts

CRX,205,Type S,172..
I have a guy selling me cup racer bilsteins

The rear ones look like cup racer ones
Front ones are 54mm b14 with cup racer inserts and springs...is that combination possible and done before?
If so, how can i be sure they actually are cup inserts

Thnx

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Yes it can be done as I have it the other way round (B14 inserts in cup racer bodies) Cant remember the part number but cup racer inserts will have a circlip groove around the top of the damper body to secure the spring top hat.

CRX,205,Type S,172..
Yes it can be done as I have it the other way round (B14 inserts in cup racer bodies) Cant remember the part number but cup racer inserts will have a circlip groove around the top of the damper body to secure the spring top hat.
Can you tell if that is it from the picture?

8d1a2f5f34e8412c78ca37baaeea86fb.jpg

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
No not really, would need to disassemble and get better pictures/or part numbers.

CRX,205,Type S,172..
Oh
I thought that the shaft was different at the top because of the hat and circlip system
He is asking around 700£ for it...worth it in your opinion?

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
They do look right but it is a bad picture and 40mm inserts all look very similar. Personally I wouldn't pay £700 for some old bilsteins, everyone gets hooked up on cup racer stuff but its really nothing special. Id get BC's with the hardest springs they do.