ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

B**tards! B**tards!

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Because we apparently have a water shortage around our area. All the car washes are closed, except the hand wash just up the road fromus, but even they are not allowed to use their mains supply anymore and have to have water sent in to them, and as I am not sure where they get it from I don;t want to take the risk. It's a right bummer!

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I can quite honestly understand you taking revenge Rob (not that I would) it's heartbreaking when someone f***s your car up.

My Hubby had to tell another young lad off last week for hitting his car with a ball , it was a genuine accident this time though, but the little git didn;t like being told off and came back the followig day and keyed our little 1.2 Clio. I was unfortunately not quick enough to catch him or I would have given him a piece of my mind and the rough end of my knuckles.

RenaultSport clio 182
DynamiqueDebz said:
I can quite honestly understand you taking revenge Rob (not that I would) it's heartbreaking when someone f**ks your car up.

My Hubby had to tell another young lad off last week for hitting his car with a ball , it was a genuine accident this time though, but the little git didn;t like being told off and came back the followig day and keyed our little 1.2 Clio. I was unfortunately not quick enough to catch him or I would have given him a piece of my mind and the rough end of my knuckles.

it sounds like you dont have much luck with your clios id kick that kids ass have you not been and seen his mum or dad about that make them pay for it .

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I did 'try' to speak to the other little bratts parents, but was promptly told to f**k off! They are a pretty rough family and the rest of us on our estate were not at all chuffed when they arrived. The parents have regular major slanging matches with each other, he hits her, she hits him and they both booze it up all the time. Not approachable at all!

RenaultSport clio 182
DynamiqueDebz said:
I did 'try' to speak to the other little bratts parents, but was promptly told to f**k off! They are a pretty rough family and the rest of us on our estate were not at all chuffed when they arrived. The parents have regular major slanging matches with each other, he hits her, she hits him and they both booze it up all the time. Not approachable at all!
oh the lazy Ba****d kind that dont work and sponge off the state you mean that explanes it all while we go to work and earn money for nice stuff they stay at home get everything for free and make our life hell we used to have neighbours from hell but they have gone now thankgod it aint to bad round here now . where are you from ? we can still was are cars around ere no bans on water .

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I think 'he' works, think he's a gardener.
I live in Leatherhead, in Surrey. I finally came back to the estate I grew up on 7 years ago, and bought our house so I could be near my Dad. It has always been a nice estate. Most people keep themselves to themselves but are always willing to help if you need it. This family however seem to be of a totally different breed, loud mouthed, aggressive, untidy and generally a nightmare. Their kids bring the kids over from the rough estate across the main road, seems like to generally cause hastle.
We only had a 'unattended' hosepipe ban to start with, now we have to use as little water as possible otherwise we will end up with stand-pipes . :(

We didn't have many problems with our cars until this lot moved in, now most people are complaining of damaged cars, usually due to footballs, but there have been the odd brake-in and smashed mirrors. It drives me nuts that we can't do anything about it!

M2 Competition
DynamiqueDebz said:
Oh, forgot to say. I told the police I would physically restrain the little gits whilst I called the police for them to come and give him a ticking off. I was told that if I did that I could get done for 'potentail kidnapping'. :eek:

Nah, u cant be done for kidnap if a crime has taken place, only if you've wrongfully arrested them. If u have witnesses that saw the crime take place, it'll stand up in court.

Sounds like they were trying to fob u off mate.

Next time, restrain them, using reasonable force, you then have to call the police, as you cant apprehend a juvenile and then let them go, have to release them to their parents or the police.

Also, the laws on age, are for under/over 16 with respect to the apprehension of suspects. And under 16's can definately still be nicked for criminal damage.

Hope this helps...

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Thanks for that Rex. I honestly did think the Police could do something even though they are minors (well under 16), but every Police officer around here we speak to all say the same thing 'sorry, nothing we can do madam'.

M2 Competition
DynamiqueDebz said:
Thanks for that Rex. I honestly did think the Police could do something even though they are minors (well under 16), but every Police officer around here we speak to all say the same thing 'sorry, nothing we can do madam'.

Paperwork for them see, and minors are a b**ch to nick. As you cant 'catch and release'
so to speak, a minor, you have to phone their parents to come pick them up.
As they're from a pikey family, the parents, in my experience,
usually cant be assed to, lol. In which case, you have to get social services involved.

And all for a dent on someones car, which to be fair, the police cant be assed to deal with. They hope that if people dont know the law, they can fob them off with a shrug and a 'nothing we can do', and save themselves the hassle.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I can in a way understand it from the Police's point of view, but that doesn't help us really.
Getting back to what has just happened to Steves car though, In my opinion there should be cctv cameras in 'all' public car parks (including pubs, restuarants etc) and you should be allowed to use that evidence to claim for any damges done to your car by an inconsiderate or careless driver. I also think that due to rising car theft and deliberate damge done to cars, most estates should be covered by them too. I know this would probably put up our council taxes, but I for one would be willing to pay with the knowledge that any thieving git, or careless idiot could be caught and made to pay for any damages.