ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Azureus

Not a Clio
I used to use utorrent. In that you could have unlimited downloads but limit uploads right down to 1kb/s

In Azureus I can't seem to do this. I have managed to get unlimited download speed and maximum upload at 7.5kb/s

Does anyone know if it's possible to limit uploads further whilst keeping unlimited download speed?

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine
What version are you using? I can set it to 1kb through tools > Options on mine (v2.2.0.2)

Edit: Although I've just noticed the effect that has on the download.... Not sure its possible to do what you want it to do then. Anyway, peer to peer sharing won't survive if no-one uploads!

Not a Clio
think i found a way - just testing

If you right click the torrent and go "show details" it gives you the option to enter what upload and download rate you want. My download is 0 (unlimited) and upload is 1. My download speed doesn't seem to have changed :)

SLK 350
Why on earth would you not wish to upload though, fair enough if you have 30kb/s upload then limiting to 15kb/s so you can still use your connection is fine - but to chop upload almost completely defeats the object of the technology.

I always share to 1.0 or more tbh.

Not a Clio
i found that 1 kb has the least impact on my browsing speed. Anything else and I'm having to sit and wait for pages to open - no issue if you leave it running and go to bed, but annoying otherwise.

I don't believe that Bitcomet works in linux?

Bus w**ker
_simon_ said:
i found that 1 kb has the least impact on my browsing speed. Anything else and I'm having to sit and wait for pages to open - no issue if you leave it running and go to bed, but annoying otherwise.

What a load of crap unless, your on a 56k dial up.

You should have it set at you max upload speed minus 10% to get your max do/load speed and you'd still happily be able to surf the net without a wait.

So if your on 512k you upload will usually be 256K so 256/8 = 32 (maximum speed you could upload at). 10% is obviously 3.2 so 29. But to be on the safe side I'd suggest a max of 25K due to line connections etc.

If you don't share there is no room for you on torrents simple as.

Not a Clio
^ erm it's not crap.

You can come round my place and see for yourself if you REALLY want.

I have a 2Mb cable connection. As soon as I start a torrent download and have my upload speed set anything over 1kb my web browsing slows right down. I know it's the upload causing an issue as changing it to 1kb solves the problem.

Maybe something else is at work somewhere but i don't know what. I have the port open on my router and the software confirms this.

SLK 350
Then there is something seriously wrong with your connection in general. Sounds to me like a bad configuration.

What is your MTU and TCP Receive window set to?

Please go here: http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/speedtest.asp

Make sure nothing else is running in the background while you perform the test, but please post back your results and your ISP name.

My results for F2S 2MB:
Downstream1712 Kbps (214.0 KB/sec)1848 Kbps (inc. overheads)Upstream246 Kbps (30.8 KB/sec)265 Kbps (inc. overheads)

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/speedchart.asp?id=e79791b7108c35eb7eef44bbcd

Last edited:
  Not a Clio
not at home right now so don't know but this happens in:

Windows - utorrent and bit torrent
Linux - bit torrent & Azureus

Not a Clio
ChrisE said:
Use Bit lord its better!

"[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BitLord needs Windows 95/98/NT/2k/XP"

At the moment i only use XP for gaming. I do everything else in linux.

It's ok i'll continue with Azureus, just leave it running whilst i'm out/asleep.

[/FONT]

I`ve tried loads of BT clients and azureus is the best in my opinion, anyway you should share to a 1:1 ratio minimum nevermind what connection you have. I have a 1Mb connection and minimize my uploads to 24kb when downloading and unlimited when not. Keep P2P alive.