ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AWT Cam conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

;) he he he!

In regards to your cams, are these mods that people dont declare as you cant see that they have been done without stripping the engine down?

Quote: Originally posted by Mark@Ritchspeed on 09 April 2005

I can see the rally car taking a trip to Angelworks in the near future. :D

Ben , I assume these are the cams we have been chatting about?
we were talking about a step wilder since youd be above 3000rpm-3500rpm most of the time.

Quote: Originally posted by GeeUK on 09 April 2005

Nice one sounds great.

Ben - Do you spealise in Clios/Renaults then?

Seems like a lot of people take their cars to you of the forum?
Where are you based?
yup, renaults (f7 and F4 engines), honda Bseries, K series and F series, toyota 4age and might put my hand to other models.

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 09 April 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Mark@Ritchspeed on 09 April 2005I can see the rally car taking a trip to Angelworks in the near future. :D

Ben , I assume these are the cams we have been chatting about?[/QUOTE]we were talking about a step wilder since youd be above 3000rpm-3500rpm most of the time.

Are you saying that I must thrash the arse off my car constantly?

Oh, ok then.
:D

yeah, tis bloody loud, makes yer ears bleed after every journey!

fared well, didnt really get chance to proper push it plus Jonny hitting the limiter or missing a gear didnt help! lol Had a bit of a 5 way blast with everyone starting in front and it pulls up on people quite quickly... it grabs the lost momentum back in 4th so quickly when going on/off throttle too at high speeds, just wants to go all the time! that could just be the driver tho hehe

Ben, if yer online later Ill send you the vid of me racing Sys Impreza, you will be pleased with your work pal! Very much so I reckon! I wont be back in til late tho... prolly 1ish!

oh yeah, what oil did you put in too, cos it seems a lot better for temps, sits at 60-80 then 80-100 when giving it death for a bit, plus the pressure is same as before :D.

I used 5w 40 before, might be a bit thin now my engine has a fair few miles on it tho...?

semi? is that better then, cos I still have oil in the car, so im assuming so!? lol

yeah, limiter comes in FAST now :D... Waynes impression of it is funny. hehe

I actually let Sy have a go in my car yesterday, hes only been up against it since I had it back, but hes changed his mind yet again and now wants Willy power... can see why, ill pish on him once im all timed in!!! Youve turned my car into a Scooby slayer! :devilish:... want throttle boddies next tho, keep the STI boys at bay. hehe

Went out in this last night, very very nice. Power comes in very well at 4500rpm and goes MENTAL in the last 700RPM! And to think its not even timed in yet. I reckon weve got a very quick one on our hands here, cant wait til its timed and mapped. Its got me gagging for my car back now.

Well done Ben!

:D yup, still grinning like a tool everytime I drive it. Im trying to do shorter journeys where it wont warm up properly, then I have a good reason not to boot it... at the moment as soon as the oil hits 60-80 its getting driven!

We did some testing, it faired VERY well on the bridge test, so Gibo, make sure you get a comparison in before he gets it timed up, im telling you this is gonna be a fast one!

cant wait to have some comparisons pal, its running well at the moment. if your at the RR tomorrow ill take you out in it. i thought your car was up and running from the vid...?

will want more comparisons once timed up too, should fly along quite nicely :devilish:

Quote: Originally posted by clean16v on 23 April 2005

We did some testing, it faired VERY well on the bridge test, so Gibo, make sure you get a comparison in before he gets it timed up, im telling you this is gonna be a fast one!

yes i hope to...ill only be running mild cams.....my modifications will be altered, on the results of comparisons.. :).

i will only be running a megane bottom end sitting below a stage 2 prima head + cams.. and chipwizard map at first,

if i get a thrashing.. i will be implementing plan b. which for £500 is a very viable option ...cant wait.. wat a year for modding... its just one huge contest...lol.. a costly one at that...

http://www.catcams.be/800x600/mainframe.htm?englishhttp://www.catcams.be/800x600/mainframe.htm?english

there my next investment..custom lift...

Massey6465 & saxo1.1

I have been in contact with Ben & have decided to have these cams now....

So look out.LoL

good choice pal, the cams themselves have done nothing but impress me since getting them... even on std timing it flies...

Massey6465 & saxo1.1

Well it was because you seem so happy with them,I decided to go for it.

May as well eh? only spend me money on summing boring else!

yeah, oil pump failed unfortunately, one of those things... just as it was running so well too! :mad:

thats to my good m8s off here and WilliamsClio I have managed to source a 24k Megane bottom end and am having the new engine fitted this week with a bit of luck. Then back to Ben to get the cams timed and me group N mounts and clear super pimp ninja timing cover :D

Im taking my engine up for him to have a look to see what the damage is like... im gonna have a go at rebuilding it myself, as I dont really want to give up on that engine as it was getting very fast and had some serious potential to be fast... RIP the scooby slaying bottom end :(

Status
Not open for further replies.