ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Available cams package

182 Turbo
I've looked through a lot of threads now but all seem to be dated a fair while back.
Im looking to get some new cams in the next couple of weeks along with the whole cambelt aux belt and remap package, what's the best option to choose nowadays?

I've looked on 519 and K-Tec an the going rate seems to be £1200 for the 438's is there any packages cheaper than this? Also what cams fetch the best results, I haven't heard anything about Schrick or C&B in ages, is everyone going for the 438's nowadays?

I was told a while back you could get a package for under 1k but doesn't seem that way anymore?

Feedback greatly appreciated thanks,
Aydon.

Lionel Richie
under £1K? regrinds you can but i wouldn't

schrick are the best IMO, but so is the price tag!!

fitting wise with new dephaser, aux kit, cambelt kit is going to be £700ish - that's for EVERYTHING changed, but it depends what you need parts wise

182 Turbo
under £1K? regrinds you can but i wouldn't

schrick are the best IMO, but so is the price tag!!

fitting wise with new dephaser, aux kit, cambelt kit is going to be £700ish - that's for EVERYTHING changed, but it depends what you need parts wise

How much for Schrick fitted and mapped?

And why is your opinion of them so good? They make good gains? What are they like to drive with as a daily runner? Elaborate please

Lionel Richie
cam's a cam really, i just prefer Schrick, bit like Tesco Value Vs Tesco Finest ;)

you'd be nearer £2K by the time its mapped though :(

182 Turbo
I see, wouldn't want to pay that for a cam to be fair, so realistically if you were me with a budget of £1200 would you just go for 438's @ K-tec or 519 then? Or do anywhere else do the 438's cheaper? Or steer clear of 438's get a different type of cam? Discuss

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I can't see a reason for using anything but 438s on anything with stock internals. They're quite frankly brilliant

As a cost breakdown for you, you have:

Cams £594
Full belt kit change £450
extra cam fitting labour £45
Seals kit £30ish
Map £230
Matched inlets £230

that's £1579. £1499 as a package is quite good really ;)