ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AV people please look inside [surround speakers]

I'm after a bit CS-style advise from resident AV people.

After several long years of service, one of my Mission 78DS rear surround speakers has started crackling and popping. It's definitely the speaker, as I've swapped it from left to right, and the problem has followed.

So anyway, I'm obviously after a replacement pair but I'm not too hot on current hardware. These were £400 a pair back in the day, but I'm a bit less geeky about this stuff these days, and I have a budget in mind of maybe £200. Definitely no more than £400.

If it matters, the rig is mostly from 2002, apart from the amp;

Yamaha RX-V1065 amp
Mission M74i fronts (bi-amped)
Mission M- whatever the matching centre speaker was at the time
Mission M-78DS dipole rears (one of which is f**ked)
Yamaha YS320 sub

A quick google reveals the Mission MXS surround speakers. Does anyone here have experience of these? Any other suggestions. Colour needs to be either a beech veneer or black. Of course I realise AV Forums is the best place to look, but sometimes you get blinded by the geekness on there.

Last edited:
Interested in anything suitable. Don't really want to spend more a couple of hundred. I don't really get much chance to push my system these days so I don't need the best, just something which will at least compliment my other speakers.

Clio 172 Cup
Wharfedale Diamond 10.1's are worth a listen - think they're about £170 - superb sounding speaker for the money & looks good in black.

Wharfedale Diamond 10.1's are worth a listen - think they're about £170 - superb sounding speaker for the money & looks good in black.
+1

Or maybe some KEF iQ10's, which are better sounding IMO, but value for money I'd go for the Wharf's.