ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

aux/timing belts

182+1.5DCI+S2000
Hi

If the timing belt was done to tight could it cause a dropped valve or any type of damage? had all my belts changed and water pump(Renault did it).
noticed a whining noise after it was done video below

Can't hear it to well from that video but it sounds like it had a supercharger on it :S

about 60 miles i think after the work was done this happens ( qoute from another post below )

"OK where to start... i was driving along yesterday minding my own business(going up a hill 3rd gear 4/5k RPM) and the car cuts out i pull over to the hard shoulder. I had loads of smoke coming out of the exhaust (thought it was on fire so went for the fire extinguisher and poped the hood all looks fine...). all the coolant had come out of the exhaust which caused the smoke because it was hot from the motorway run.

I had the car towed to the garage, they removed the inlet manifold and the plugs tho find this
----
4th plug along on right
img0277lq.jpg

if this is the case is there anyway i could prove it ? They say its not the work they did because the belts are undamaged.

thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: