ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aux belt tensioner

Ph2 172
My aux belt tensioner is probably seized on my ph2 172 (the spring, not the pulley) as I am getting a screeching when steering is on full lock.

I recently had the cambelt, dephaser, tensioners, aux belt and water pump replaced, but failed to instruct the garage to do the aux tensioner, so they didn't do it (although i thought they would have given me a call to double check).

Anyway, I know the correct thing to do is replace the tensioner, but was wondering if as a temporary solution it is possible to service the current one and maybe free it up a bit until I am in a position to buy a new one?

Also, where is the cheapest place to get a new tensioner when I have the funds?

Cheers!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yes you can take it off and free it up by moving it around and giving it a squirt with WD40, as you say though not ideal.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Yes it could be removed and free off tbh, but if the belt snaps it could take the cam belt out.

The aux belt kit is around £50 from Adam on here.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Agreed. I'd do it to get me home from the ring or something but silly doing all that work twice over nothing when you don't have to.

Ph2 172
Yes it could be removed and free off tbh, but if the belt snaps it could take the cam belt out.

The aux belt kit is around £50 from Adam on here.

Does that kit for £50 include the tensioner? if so i would definitely pay that, and can you point me in the direction of Adam.

​Prices i have seen for the tensioner alone have been £130+

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Yes it does its a full Renault aux belt kit, Its Adam @ Renault Wolverhampton he is a trader on here.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Might be more like 50 plus vat plus carriage. Depending on what offers are on. But either way its deffo well under a oner.