ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AUX belt price

172 Cup
I've had a quote of £50 inc vat to change the Aux belt, does that sound about right on a 172 Cup, seems cheap, or is it because its so quick to do without aircon?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
I'd say that's probably about right.

There isn't a tensioner set up like on the models with air con, it's just the belt that needs changing.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
They shouldn't be, in my opinion at least, be charging for more than 30mins labour but i'm guessing they're going to be billing a minimum hour plus the part @ £50

Cupped 182
I paid £234 (£195 plus VAT) last month for AUX belt change in my 182: £120 + VAT for the kit and £75 + VAT for fitting.

M@C

Clio 172 Cup
Sorry to hi-jack but how do you tension it with no-tensioner??

I haven't looked at ine properly but it was something that I wanted to swap out.

Is it where you have to loosen the alternator and move it to take up the slack?

Lionel Richie
the tenioner is the long thin threaded bit poking up infront of the alternator (easy to snap, so don't go nuts!)