ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aux Belt - How Many miles, you'd be surprised!

Clio 182
I know belts shouldn't be let run past there time, but when I got my car it had full renault service history right upto 36k but on the receipt there was no mention of the aux belt. I let it go because got a good look at the belt and it looked ok, including the tensioner and pulley at bottom that tends to go. I assumed renault had changed it.

To cut a long story short, basically renault never changed it as its not on there system. So i've just replaced all the belts, pulleys and tensioners at 45,834 miles / 4 years. Aux belt that came off showed minor cracking, but nothing that would cause concern and the bottom pulley was fine, timing belt was ok but showed signs of 'rubbing' / wear.

So think i just got it in time, I'd never advise letting it run on past the recommended service but just shows you there strong enough. Though my car has never been tracked though so that might explain why the belt was in better condition!

Also scary that renault missed that around a major service! :eek:

Oh and only cost me £350 including all parts, fitted and i think she's running sweeter! Bit better than renaults £780 they quoted me and renault wrote V6 on the quote form..... :eek: wouldn't trust a renault garage imo!

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
My car was left till 50k and 6 years before benig replaced :p Sounded whiney as hell on cold mornings :D