ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Autoglym Wheel Cleaner

Used this for the first time today on my alloys and I was extremely impressed with it. Got the alloys looking like brand new. Spent about 10 minutes on each wheel. Gonna wax them 2moro so it will be easier next time but very impressed and would recommend this to anyone with brake dust problems/tar/grime etc.

M5,Range Rover Sport & R1
yup you can get it from halfords... bloody great stuff this!!!! and it aint as vicious on the laquer as wonder wheels!!!!

LY V6 with Recaros
trueblue said:
yup you can get it from halfords... bloody great stuff this!!!! and it aint as vicious on the laquer as wonder wheels!!!!

Was just going to ask that, I've always used Wonder Wheels on my previous cars, but I'm scared to use it on this one coz it seems quite harsh. Had I best avoid it then and get some Autoglym?

No more clio's for me!
ChrisK 172 said:
Used this for the first time today on my alloys and I was extremely impressed with it. Got the alloys looking like brand new. Spent about 10 minutes on each wheel. Gonna wax them 2moro so it will be easier next time but very impressed and would recommend this to anyone with brake dust problems/tar/grime etc.

Wax ye wheelies? What ya use son? :eek:

106 GTi
AG Wheel cleaner is still acid based, but not as harsh as wonder wheels. Even watered down 50/50 the AG Wheel cleaner still works well. I prefer to use Autoglym Engine and Machine cleaner though as it works as well but is non acidic.

If you polish and seal your wheels with Autoglym Super Resin and Extra Gloss Protection you wont need anything but soapy water to clean them.

Good tip, I hate cleaning my wheels. Seem's to waste hours of my day away (when I can be bothered to clean it).

Octavia VRS
AG wheel cleaner is good stuff, use it on my wheels all the time. That and a power wash works a treat

Skoda Fabia vRS
Meguiars Hot Rims is better and cheaper

Auto Glym is £5.99 for 500ml, Meguiars is £6.99 for 710ml