ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Autoglym instant tyre dressing

Clio 182 cup
Hello all,

I've not long owned my 182, but I'm slowly building up a collection of cleaning products. Over the weekend I decided to give the motor a good wash and this time pay particular attention to the wheels and tyres. I polished and sealed the alloys with the AG SRP, EGP combo but then realised I'd ran out of tyre dressing stuff!

Went to halfords and decided on AG instant tyre dressing. The 1 only reason for this choice is that everything else I have at the moment is AG too and I couldn't remember seeing much around the forums on other products. So I went for this, picking up some AG shampoo and AG clean wheels whilst its on 3 for 2!

I must say I am very impressed with this tyre dressing stuff. seems to give a nice black shine on the tyre wall. Anybody else had similar success with this?

As a side note too, I did notice the AG shampoo takes more than the specified 2 capfuls to build up suds. Is this the norm?

Cheers

Alan

106 GTi
AG Tyre Dressing looks good, wont last long though :(

The AG Shampoo is not designed to foam up, hence the lack of suds.

Clio 182 cup
Any particular reason it won't last long Rich? What would you recommend for a long lasting wet look?

With the shampoo I'm worried I'm not getting a decent clean with there being so little suds. Is this right? I probably added 4 caps instead of the recommended 2 in the end and seemed much better.

106 GTi
It is water based so the first sign of water and it washes off. I have not found one that looks as good as when it is first applied.

My currrent choices are:

Blackfire Gel or Poorboys Bold and Bright.

Suds dont add really anything to the wash the slickness of the wash soloution it's self thast is the most important thing. AG cleans well and produces a slick solution while leaving a nice finsih. The lack of suds are however off putting which is a one reason I dont use it myself.

Golf R soon...
I swear by this stuff. A bottle will last me 3-4 months, thats 2 applications every week! I used the Autoglym dressing before but found the spray to messy and the bottle only lasted a few weeks.

meguiarsTyre.jpg

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
I swear by this stuff. A bottle will last me 3-4 months, thats 2 applications every week! I used the Autoglym dressing before but found the spray to messy and the bottle only lasted a few weeks.

meguiarsTyre.jpg

I agree ^^^^

I only use it now and again though, as it last for ages and doesn't wash off everytime it rains.

It builds up a little dust but it's hardly any, and that comes off when you wash the car over.

Golf R soon...
Only problem I find using this meguiars stuff is that it makes me skin peel on my hands after using it :D

Clio 182 cup
Might give this stuff a try too then. Must admit I did find the spray nozzle on the AG difficult for applying, so hard to get it just on the area you want. Having said that I do like the product.

106 GTi
Might give this stuff a try too then. Must admit I did find the spray nozzle on the AG difficult for applying, so hard to get it just on the area you want. Having said that I do like the product.

I tend to decant it out and apply with a brush.

Milltek'd 182
anyone tried the tyre paint from halfords? where my back tyres aren't as new as the fronts they dont come up as nice, wondered if the paint might do the trick...!

106 GTi
Gel type products I apply with foam applicators.

Liquid ones I find it easier with a thick inch and half paintbrush.

ST
I love your Monkey face Richard...

BTW used Sonus SFX1 on the 182 by PC for the 1st time today...by far the best polish i've used so far..

106 GTi
I love your Monkey face Richard...

BTW used Sonus SFX1 on the 182 by PC for the 1st time today...by far the best polish i've used so far..

This is why I look to forward the FCS soooooo much ;)

Not used any of the Sonus polishes proper here, good stuff ?

ST
Yeah its currently in the middle of a two day detail...

I'm finishing with SFX1 and moving onto 2&3 tomorrow, its spot on mate!!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
meg's endurance is gash!! Sticky and looks like Chip fat oil!

I still use AG tyre dressing! messy on application, so i use a 1/4 curved sponge.