ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Autoglym Extra gloss........Pain to remove

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Just tried some of the EGP after using the super resin.....Il eft it on the car for about an hour and half.....But im finding it a total nightmare to remove .....cant seem to get rid of it leaves white swirl marks

Is EGP only for use really with a PC?

Cheers

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
i use to just leave it on for about 10-15 mins then wipe it off. i found if i left it too long its a pain to remove. i use to just use a aplicator pad to put it on.

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Yea thats what i used .....I may of put too much on

think ill only leave it on for say 10mins next time......The only way im managing to get it off is with a megaurs drying towel:mad:

if you use a microfibre to take it off it should be fine mate, had 6 layers on mine when i pre winter prepped her, each on for 5hours

jamie

ITB BG 182
If you put a thin layer on one panel at a time an then take it off just as you finish putting it on the second then you should be ok but dont do the whole car then come back to it as it sets in well an truly.

106 GTi
Applied to thickly at a guess for starters.

No problem doing the whole car and leaving it, I find this the best way when using EGP and it is what Autoglym recommend. I always leave it on for an 45 mins to an hour at least, comes of super easy when applied thinly. I have left it on over night before in the garage and then removed and it wiped of even easier. Apply it so thinnly you can hardly see it, when you think the coat is thin enough it is probably still to thick! Anything you wipe of is just wasted product.

Not one to use in the sun though or it will bake on!

don't
Used it about a month ago,

left it on for exactly 1 hour

used a cotton towel to remove and it came off no problems

I applied it very thinly, its hard to see you've put it on sometimes as you really don't need much on at all, just had to keep looking at it at different angles to see which parts i'd covered

106 GTi
EGP Reduces shine whatever next .... far from it, 3 or 4 layers and it deepens the shine!

IMG_5841.jpg

AUTOGLYM GALLERY

User error Lusty! lol

Titanium 182 full fa
Ive put a spray head on my bottle so i can control the amount I put on my pad....Thin is the name of the game and loadsa layers as Rich has shown..

Titanium 182 full fa
works excellent, luckily ive got an endless supply of heads as my missus has her own business selling cleaning chemicals online and I just pinch them from her stock......

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
you mean somthin like the JEFFS Werkstatt Acrylic Glos afterwards,

Im still trying to remove it .....2 days after putting it on....Must of put too much on as i used an applicator pad to apply it where as when i did it the first time i used a cloth to apply and was a simple wipe off.