ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto Wipers out of sync

Clio Sport 182
Hello.
I would like to hear your advice please. My auto wipers seams that are out of sync. What I mean out of sync? There are occasions with light rain they go mad and they do not stop unless I turned them off there are occasions again with light rain they never start and there are other occasions with heavy rain they works OK for few seconds and then they slow down or they stop and then when they remember they start again. Completely out of space.
Any ideas?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Doesn't the thing on the stalk that usually adjusts the interval of wipe on normal wipers adjust the sensitivity on auto wipers?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
There's a guide to a cheap fix for replacing the gel pack rather than paying £50 for a genuine part.

I'll try and find it.

Clio Sport 182
In the little black enclosure above / behind the rear view mirror. This senses the rainfall.
Ok! So can I open it? Is something there that I can change or clean?
Is winter and I start getting annoying especially when the rain is not so heavy to have the wipers constantly but is enough to operate the wipers every few seconds.

Clio Sport 182
I'm planning to change my windscreen soon. So do you reckon that I should let the windscreen company to deal with that?

Sadly not, they've hosted the images on imageshack rather than uploaded them directly to the post on here, and have been deleted since.

Not sure why people go to the hassle of using imageshack / photobucket tbh, when they can attach / upload on here.

How annoying, as I'll have to guess what he was on about.

Also, probably because CS doesn't support multiple image upload at once mate!

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Also, probably because CS doesn't support multiple image upload at once mate!

It does/ should do? If you cmd / shift select multiple images, it uploads them at the same time?

Last edited:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Sadly not, they've hosted the images on imageshack rather than uploaded them directly to the post on here, and have been deleted since.

Not sure why people go to the hassle of using imageshack / photobucket tbh, when they can attach / upload on here.

Couldn't in 2007!

Clio Sport 182
I did a google search and through different forums I think I have found the solution. Seems that the reason is the clear gel which is between the windscreen and the sensor.
If that gel is a bit milky or misty or you have bubbles inside then the wipers they will not work or will work randomly.
Mine for example looks a bit misty.
I have found a video on you tube how to replace the gel. The hard bit is now to find that gel. Any ideas?

Attachments

• rain sensor.JPG
    rain sensor.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 67

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Sounds like any auto wipers I've ever used TBH.

Sounds like all the French auto wipers I've ever used.

306's, 307's, Clio's, C4's - they've all been terrible, the Volvo's work really well though.