ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

auto wipers on a 1.2, can they be turned off?

'03 182 replica -for sale
when i bought my car, matey told me he had turned off the automatic wipers because the sun strip was covering the sensor and messing them up and i could turn them back on at a later date.

i have now removed them sunstrip and looking to turn them back on, how do i do this?

is the first click down on the stalk the automatic setting? because on the first click down on mine, it doesnt do anthing, the third click down is full speed but the second click is the constant, quite slow one but that turns into intermittant when the main thins and speeds back up when it rains more again, thinking if that's the auto setting after all, what is the first click down on the stalk?

Cheers

Da

Less
Auto's cannot be turned off AFAIK. The only way would be to remove the gel-pack sensor from the screen (or permanently cover it!)

As you say, first click down is auto, then constant, then fast!

Auto's cannot be turned off AFAIK. The only way would be to remove the gel-pack sensor from the screen (or permanently cover it!)

As you say, first click down is auto, then constant, then fast!

on your second click down, is it constant all the time? cos mine slow down to intermittant and speeds back up again depending on the rain!

Da

Less
Second click is constant yes, but they will go to intermittent when you stop in traffic etc. Then speed back up when you move off.

The constant setting isn't affected by the rain.

no mate, mine have been turned off, the guy before me said he had turned them off. if that's how you turn them off where is the sensor connector i can plug back in? ta

Monaco Blue 172
i find my wipers arnt automatic? when i put the right stalk down one setting, i have a speed adjuster and thats it, i can have heavy or soft rain, and depending what speed i have it on it does, it doesnt speed up nor slow down dependin on rain??

Clio MK2 (1.2)
You can control the speed on the right hand stalk thee this thing you turn, that controls the speed ov the automaitc 1 i think.

BMW M135i
You sure he hasn't just turned the auto lights off? That would make much more sense, you can't turn the wipers off.