ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto wiper control.

FF Clio 182
e6ugeju5.jpg

Quick question really. I know the first control is for the wipers and option 1 is for auto wipers. The control on the end is for rears. So what does the middle one do ? I know it something to do with the auto wipers but when they selected as I always leave auto wipers on turning that dial doesn't do anything. I thought it may be something to do with speed or sensitivity but makes no difference what so ever.

Anyone actually know what it does or is mine broken....

Owned the car 6 months as its only just dawned on me I is not actually doing anything. Most likely as it only just started raining heavy so I have tried to use it.

WRX
I think it's the intermittent wipe gap if you have auto wipers deselected. As auto will obviously decide for itself. Never tried it though so could be wrong.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
I dont think it doea anything on that stalk. Theres another stalk with intermittent on which that changes the intermittent speed iirc.

PB Clio 172
thinking about it, its to control how often the A/W sweeps, look at the pictures on the stalk

we are talking about a non cup here

if I adjust this my a/w go faster or slower so I must be right :rasp:

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Neither does it on my 1.2. Infact, it doesn't even click on the little blips. Theres no resistance whatsoever.

Plymcl, you sure you have actually got auto wipers.. or youre just changing the speed of the intermittent wipe.

PB Clio 172
Neither does it on my 1.2. Infact, it doesn't even click on the little blips. Theres no resistance whatsoever.

Plymcl, you sure you have actually got auto wipers.. or youre just changing the speed of the intermittent wipe.

drr course I have auto wipers its in auto wiper mode when I adjust the sweep speed

we are not talking about intermit speed here on a 1.2 are we !

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
if you look at the little picture on the stalk, it shows its for the auto wipers due to the icon. if you switch wipers off, then change this moving part, when you switch auto wipers back on it changes the sensitivity. so in the picture above its actually on the less sensitive setting. great for when its not pissing it down and ur wipers are moving to much.

i have to say tho, it doesn't seem like it does much, but it does change it if you watch carefully. and you don't have to switch wipers off and on for it to take effect, it just doesn't happen straight away if you don't.