ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto dimming / dipping wing mirrors

'92 172, Lotus Elise
with winter looming and the nights getting darker earlier, one thing in not looking forward to is glare from misaligned lights/xenons in my mirrors :mad: ... made worse by having a low car I guess :dapprove:

I was wondering if anyone has heard of getting auto dimming wing mirrors made up or fitted? can't be that hard these days can it? :eek:

odd I know, but i seem to be really sensitive to glare :(

172 Race Car
Fitted as standard on some ford models back when I was working in the dealers (cant remember what, Scorpio maybe)

Not sure how they are wired but its probably just an ignition feed.

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Smack a bit of tint on the mirrors maybe? Might take some of the glare away... might not work at all though, hmmm..

Clio 172
bmw e46's all come with auto dim's (my 330d did) go to a breakers and add 12v? on a switch ! and ur be fine !

'92 172, Lotus Elise
i want to keep my current wing mirror shape :p

blinded by xenons tonight.. :dapprove: *sigh*

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
i always wondered how these worked, good idea too in winter

Clio 200
i have the auto dimming rear view and tbh i hate it turns everything green at night, though bonus is i dont get blinded. dont think i could handle dimming wing mirrors