ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aussie 172!

Clio 172
Cheers gents. Orange badge ;) Looks better in person than it does in photos (since the orange never comes out quite right).

Clio 172
So, a few updates.

Few weeks ago I had a package arrive on my doorstep, granted it was a few months late due to UPS losing it... but we got there in the end :D

A K-Tec Recessed Supersport. It's lovely. Car definitely has more mid-range and sounds awesome to boot. Droney as f**k when on light throttle (worse with the windows open too), but is almost dead silent when cruising, even at 100/110kmph.

IMG_7932.jpg

IMG_7941.jpg

[youtube]eh8AncqeT6I[/youtube]

By coincidence, right after installing the exhaust my engine developed a ticking noise. Turned out that it was a loose spark plug. Am rather glad I figured that out before anything bad happened.

Other things: replaced my ELF gearbox oil (only 8,000km old too) with Redline Lightweight Shockproof stuff... what a difference. Shift is amazingly smooth now.

Also had the car dynoed about a month back with the old leaky exhaust, pulled 107.3 fwkw, which is about 144hp @ the wheels and using 20% loss, pretty much bang on 173hp :)

[youtube]bDOGVkGwt5k[/youtube]

Last edited:
  Clio 172
cant be that bad can they or do you just not like them?

They are good cars and cheap but they are the most common cars on the road and bogans (chavs to you?) love em.

Hence 'falcodores', 'common whores', 'dunny doors' etc. are not popular with people with any taste in cars.

Clio 172
Just a picture update - took this on the way back from camping with a few mates earlier this week. Will have a major update in a couple of weeks time though ;)

IMG_8447.jpg