ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audio out (PS3)

Not got a car
I bought a PS3 today and the only Audio output is optical, So I thought no proplem the TV should have an Audio out as its a new decent LG plasma but it hasn't only optical. :dapprove: The sub and speakers Ive been using and my old DVD player have only the phono conections.

I dont suppose there are any optical to phono leads out there?

Not got a car
So i plug the black plug into the PS3 and then the red and white RCA phono into the speaker set up? Will this work as the white and SVHS will not be conected?

1.6 Ford Focus
Dump what you have and get surround sound with optical, its what I use for mine and sound quality is awesome.

As said above though it also does sound through the HDMI, or if you get yours working there's a new option I just noticed to output sound through two audio outputs at the same time.

Not got a car
I know sound will travel through HDMI!!!!! HDMI has nothing to do with my question!

I dont want to waiste money i havent got on another surround sound as mine is good enough.

I will be using HDMI to plug the PS3 to the TV but I want my sound to go through my surround sound system which has RCA Phono in, but the PS3 dont have RCA output.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
your 'surround sound' isnt surround sound at all if it only accepts phono im afraid... its just stereo... same as your tv but louder.

At best you'll be getting either Prologic or DTS Neo depending on your decoder. Both of which are 'surround sound' but the channels are mixed, rather than being discrete, and there's no LFE channel. Discrete 5.1/7.1 can be carried through coax or optical. HD discrete can only be carried through HDMI.

AFAIK.

C

Cupster

Could you use the standard def composite PS3 cable phonos (Y/R/W)? Obviously then just use the R/W outs to your system and then the HDMI to TV?

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
dunno about my set up as a man from bose sorted it for me but as far as i know my ps3 isnt plugged into my bose but its plugged into my TV and all i need to do is choose "TV" on the bose and it plays the PS3 in surround sound

Octy VRS
Phono out into the surround and HDMI to the tv for picture. You can separate the outputs in the setup menu. You will only have stereo but that's how mine is set up and it is fine.