ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audi TT Rig shots (with set up shots)

So I had my first proper go with my new rig parts yesterday.

First up was a test shot on my Dad's cannel boat:

DSC9565.jpg

All seemed to go fine, so up next was the TT:

DSC9583.jpg

DSC9575.jpg

DSC9596.jpg

And for you guys who keep asking....here's some set ups, and a shot straight from the camera :)

Photo-30-07-2012-19-41-44.jpg

Photo-30-07-2012-19-36-04.jpg

DSC9596preedit.jpg

Back into the swing of car photography now, all I need is some more cars and locations!!

Very, very awesome!

I hope those mounts are secure!

Very secure! I am in the process of trying to get more length on the boom.

And the mounts didnt leave a single trace at all, probably because they have proper paint jobs and not cheapy weight saving paint like mine has lol!

lol yeh a little. That's partly why I did it to my Dad's car first. I've done a lot of these shots in the past too, with no issues so I would have been surprised if anything had happened.

It's just sods law that I did it on my car when it was very hot :(

Those are great shots - it's really interesting getting to see the before and after too. Amazing work in PP removing the rig.

Good work (like it needs to be said!) :D

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Stunning mate. Simply unreal PS work to take the rig out! Mental!

I'd love to do a VX vs Exige shot at some point in the future. I know a cracking place to do it too, although I'm always looking for better locations.

Happy to give you a shout when I'm over your way one weekend. I'd be very much up for that.

Edit - Still need to pop by and grab that undertray as well!

Last edited:

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Nice work Dan! What camera settings are you using ? Slow shutter, with filters to get the full on motion effect ?

Evo 5 RS
New meaning to wouldn't touch with a barge pole!

Shots look awesome! Did you not get any of yours in the end mate?

I didnt plan to shoot mine that day.

I'm planning something at a possibly good location on Friday evening. So just hoping the weather is kind!

Oil Burner
Really like this Dan, Always enjoy our rig shots and always enjoy the boring techy stuff behind the scenes!

RS Megane DCi 175
Lovely shots Dan - have you ever had a play around with this software? Be interesting to see how realistic you could get it with your static shots v's your rolling ones.

I need to get back into my rig photography. Biggest problem for me though seems to be locations - driving around with a 10ft pole sticking out off your car kind of limits where you can drive safely.

Great shots and editing skillz!

I'm amazed you can get a stable platform for whats a heavy ff camera on the end of a long pole!