ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audi S3 8L and 172 at Ogmore

S3, HD Nightster
Just a few pics of the ph1 clio's replacement! It's 2001 S3 8L with full black recaros, standard apart from a remap taking it to 260bhp.

I was worried about missing the rawness of the ph1 but can honestly say that's not an issue! 4 wheel drifting out of roundabouts has probably helped that :evil:. Gotta say I am appreciating the quality of the build and no rattles, I must be growing up!

Plans are anthracite refurb on wheels, red calipers, spacers and that's about it.

Pictures taken by my mate on his very first outing with his new 450D. (very impressed with it too, nice bit of kit)

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

S3, HD Nightster
Nice car that mate. Is it very different to drive than the ph1? Quicker?
Quite different to the ph1, you feel the extra weight of the audi but it doesn't feel slugish... The biggest thing for me is how the clio had much more top end power, I would change at 6.5k in the clio compared to 6k max now. To be honest, if it wasn't remapped, I don't think I would be happy with it but at 260 it does shift. Definitely planning to take it over 300 in the future though, with the bigger K04 turbo already on board it's apparently pretty easy!

Painted the calipers red yesterday too! :)

Yes Seb.

Nice example. Not sure I would go for silver personally, nor would I do the wheels anthra, but nice results on the remap. Looked at these, but prefer the newer shape.

320d
Quite different to the ph1, you feel the extra weight of the audi but it doesn't feel slugish... The biggest thing for me is how the clio had much more top end power, I would change at 6.5k in the clio compared to 6k max now. To be honest, if it wasn't remapped, I don't think I would be happy with it but at 260 it does shift. Definitely planning to take it over 300 in the future though, with the bigger K04 turbo already on board it's apparently pretty easy!

Painted the calipers red yesterday too! :)

Would you say its quicker than the Clio? The Clio's only come alive after 5K as i'm sure you know, its like a completely different car after 5k, you forget how much power you have up there. I like the idea of a torquey turbo'd engine though, makes for a more relaxing drive.

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
Very nice, seriously considered one of these myself ! How does it feel compared to the clio speed wise and handling wise? I was told that the s3 would be faster in 4th and on gears.. And that there was no way it would handle as well the clio does (stock for stock).

Excellent choice of car, looking at it makes me wish i'd got one!

S3, HD Nightster
Would you say its quicker than the Clio? The Clio's only come alive after 5K as i'm sure you know, its like a completely different car after 5k, you forget how much power you have up there. I like the idea of a torquey turbo'd engine though, makes for a more relaxing drive.
Oh it's definitely quicker than the clio there's no question about that, but bear in mind I'm not comparing std to std (The ph1 had BMC CDA, decat and yozza cat back and the s3 is remapped). The hard question is does it feel quicker than the clio... and I'd have to say no, but I think that's because its a solid well built car. A citreon ax with the same power to weight will feel quicker than both if you know what I mean. Sometimes I really do surprise myself when I look down at the speedo!

And yes, having a torquey turbo'd engine is excellent.

Very nice, seriously considered one of these myself ! How does it feel compared to the clio speed wise and handling wise? I was told that the s3 would be faster in 4th and on gears.. And that there was no way it would handle as well the clio does (stock for stock).

Excellent choice of car, looking at it makes me wish i'd got one!

Speed wise, mine is quicker in all gears and off the lights having the 4wd means it just literally catapults you forward instead of worrying about wheel spin. Handling wise, much better than I expected, I loved the clio and was apprehensive about losing the fun factor. Most people will tell you it's boring, I haven't found this at all, the grip you have when playing on roundabouts is really impressive and oversteer is fun. All in all though, its in a different league to the clio in every aspect and it does it all, performance, practicality and prestige! very happy :D

Clio Trophy 182
Speed wise, mine is quicker in all gears and off the lights having the 4wd means it just literally catapults you forward instead of worrying about wheel spin. Handling wise, much better than I expected, I loved the clio and was apprehensive about losing the fun factor. Most people will tell you it's boring, I haven't found this at all, the grip you have when playing on roundabouts is really impressive and oversteer is fun. All in all though, its in a different league to the clio in every aspect and it does it all, performance, practicality and prestige! very happy :D[/quote]

I wouldnt say its much better in handelin but works in a diff way. compare to a trophy or a clio on coilovers then ill say clio is much better for sure and yes it does/will get boring sooner or later thats why i sold mine after 3 months. clio is lighter feels quicker and more fun and s3 is heavy prestige and quick but you dont feel it. overall s3 is better thats why i wouldnt mind another but in black this time with a remapp.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
It's just the chassis code mate

From what I can see it looks to be that way standard :S I haven't done it, I was planning on spraying it matt black...

In the pic of the front end, the splitter definitely does look fucked, might be the lighting, but looks shattered.