ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AUDI RS8 HillClimb

Is that an RS8.???

Seeing as there is no such thing...it doesn't even fit the naming conventions for an Audi Prototype.

Pretty sure that vid has been around for a few years, I'm assuming it's sports prototype of some sort, along the lines of a Jade.

i think there was a minor conflab about the R8 thing originally. think it was suggested that it's a Norma chassis, possibly powered by a M3 engine

anyway, that's proper motorsport that is

vers le haut doigt milieu
Thats Pikes Peak and yeah thats an R8 not a factory one but a team car.

M2 Competition
Does seem speeded up, soundtrack doesnt seem right.

RS8 is what theyre thinking of calling the R8 with a v10 isnt it?

polo, here for lols
Thats Pikes Peak and yeah thats an R8 not a factory one but a team car.

tis true, iirc the older lemans cars were called RS8's but then changed to the rs10. im pretty sure but dont quote me on that lol.

vers le haut doigt milieu
The R10 is the diesel one that currently competes in the Le Mans. I don't recall them ever having a "S" in there names but its pretty irrelevant.

VRS
posted on the comments for the clip:

That is no Audi RS8! The car is sportproto, the NORMA M20 from 2004 powered by a 3.0l BMW inline6 engine with ~400hp. the video was taken at the 2005 Course de côte de Gémenos (France) Europen Hill Climb Championship race. The car is driven by Team Castellana Compéti