ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audacity help

BMW E92/Audi S3
Is there any chance you could record whats playing on the computer rather than record it through the mic?????? help would be appreciated!

Octy VRS
Nope, why would you need to anyway? I'm sure there would be an alternative option.

Mk3 Dynamique S
Yes, so long as your pc isn't a dell, they did something stupid with their sound drivers, even then you can still get around it, are you using windows? and is it XP or vista if you are?

Mk3 Dynamique S
For Windows Vista

In Windows: Control panel - sound - recording - right click in the white area - select 'show disabled devices' - right click on 'Waveout mix' or 'stereo mix' - select 'enable'

In Audacity: Go into Edit - Preferences, then on the first tab where it says Playback and Recording, from the recording drop down list select 'waveout mix' or 'stereo mix' as your recording source. I would image you want stereo sound so select 2 channels from the list below it. Then OK.

try recording with it set like that.

BMW E92/Audi S3
For Windows Vista

In Windows: Control panel - sound - recording - right click in the white area - select 'show disabled devices' - right click on 'Waveout mix' or 'stereo mix' - select 'enable'

In Audacity: Go into Edit - Preferences, then on the first tab where it says Playback and Recording, from the recording drop down list select 'waveout mix' or 'stereo mix' as your recording source. I would image you want stereo sound so select 2 channels from the list below it. Then OK.

try recording with it set like that.

Thanks! :)